Thursday, November 11, 2010

BLACK GIRLS ROCK AWARD SHOW

YES INDEED....BLACK GIRLS DO ROCK...
BLACK GIRLS ROCK AWARD SHOW
BY: CHLOE J. RICCARDO
AKA "HONEY BROWN SUGAR"











BET recently just did an award show for the first annual Black Girls Rock Award Show. I had to be apart of this because I knew in my heart...One I am an African American young woman, 2. I am in media and I had to be apart of this, and 3. I absolutely love the message for black women saying that we rock, we have confidence, and style to flaunt and show who we are as a culture and people. I knew as soon as the showed aired this would be something I was going to love. I love the message, the foundation, and the people who decided to come up with this as well. Women who were honored and have paved the way in various fields that we are familiar with around the world. I was so happy to see one of my favorite actresses actually, Nia Long (Friday,Love Jones, Soul Food, Alfie, etc....) she was the host of the award show. They picked the right person she's stylish and incredibly talented, and kept the crowd entertained. Loved Keri Hilson's performance, Shontelle's performance as well...I swear "Impossible" is like one of my theme songs for this year. Love her whole outfit and the everyone did an amazing job too. Deborah Lee l have to give a special shout out too because she holds it down at BET as CEO for the women. Also there was a special woman I saw they nominated on their site a woman who I am a little familiar with as well...Ms.Cathy Hughes..she hired my beautiful mama a long time ago for Radio One. So I had to give her a shout out too. So to all the ladies who were nominated, all the black sisters out there, all my favorite people, and all women around the world, from all walks of life. No that Women Rock not just Black Girls but all women rock. Loved the award show cannot wait to see what you all will do next. =) Love you BET!!!




No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...