Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"Barack Obama's Inaguration"


I went to Washington,D.C. for Barack Obama's inaguration back in January of 2009. I was not there when he was sworn in but I did go down to the Washington monument to see him up at the Lincoln Memorial on the jumbo-tron at the National Mall while I was in Washington. The event was unbelievable it was incredibly packed with people all over the world coming to see him. Even before the inaguration the crowd was crazy. My mother, my grandmother, and I came down to see the a glimpse while we were in town. On January 20, 2009 I watched it via television with my father who was screaming from his couch "Obama!" (laughing)=). He joked saying "You know his name couldn't be a Timothy, Robert, or Bob". He had to have a name that had power "Barack Obama". Pretty powerful right? His name exudes power, a new difference, and authority. Barack Hussein Obama powerful man and a man I, my family, and friends now admire with respect. He doesn't even crack under pressure. Although I was unable to watch it live. There was something in the air you can just feel there was going to be a change. I saw a sign at the Stop and Shop grocery store in Washington saying "Congratulations to Barack Obama". I saw people sporting hats, buttons, watches. I even sold buttons, flags, watches, and so on with my uncle and his friends who were both selling them during that time. It was an amazing experience and time. I cried watching him dance with his wife, Michelle as Beyonce serenaded them both. It was surreal, fun, and just beautiful I couldn't be more proud. I was glad to see it all because I voted for him. I even called around for the Hudson County voting phone bank just to get people to be involved with it. My mother and I both are big supporters and from the day he accepted the nomination until now we still cannot be more proud. I am so thankful also to have been apart of it. I even put a Barack Obama button on my bag just so people knew I know this man could probably do it. Sure enough he did. That's what the power of change can bring. I am extremely proud Go Obama!!!!

2 comments:

MizSerious said...

I watched the inauguration live and you're right it was very powerful! You could feel change in the air. (That sounds so corny but it true) There was just a feel of togetherness from all the people watching live from their homes and offices and from the people that were actually in attendance. It made my day!

The Professor said...

Okay...you really need to think the black background. That last post was almost impossible to read.

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...