Tuesday, December 7, 2010

EMANCIPATION OF CHLOE POEM
















Emancipation-To emancipate, free oneself from bondage.





Now this is a poem only just a symbol of being emancipated, free, nothing to be taken out of context this is mostly about just freedom of being oneself and to be free in one's skin, opinions, thoughts, dreams, and to follow what's in your heart.










Forescore and several years ago...I was born on a cold autumn day. I have chosen now as an adult in my twenties to take an oath of Emancipation.










Emancipation being free within oneself to make choices and decisions based on the way I feel and what I believe. It is hard enough sometimes being a woman, being a person, and then coming from a place where at times you don't feel complete freedom.










I am taking a stand against that to be free to do what I want, say what I want to say, and feel what I want to feel. Basically let me be who I am because this is the way it is going to be as long as I can breathe, see, walk, talk, and can feel.





There are so many restrictions at time especially at being a woman. You have to obtain an image that is positive, wholesome, and that doesn't unscathe people's opinions of you. Sometimes it's for the best to have a certain image. Other times you want to be free to do what you want without offending someone. Inside of me is a person that wants to break out and say I am here I can do this set me free. Let me live my life and be who I want to become.





It's about inner freedom, freedom to say what's on your mind so you don't feel so constricted or smothered. I guess at times I feel that way.










So today I take a stand and for the rest of my days of living I choose to be emancipated, free, I choose liberty, joie de vivre, and a sense of being free to do what I have always imagined. It is the only way to live to be who you want to be which is a free person inside and out. Non confinements, I don't have to confine to what every one else wants. Let me choose what I want and do what I want. This is my moment of Emancipation and I choose this from now on for life.

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...