Monday, February 18, 2013

"Is being friends first the key to true love?"

All right my lovely readers and darlings I heard a few of my favorite celebrities and superstars say how their relationships or some of the most successful relationships they have had they were friends for a long period of time. I keep thinking hmmm...was there someone in my past who I could have been friends with and then we should have been in love together in a happy, healthy, and loving relationship. Or perhaps I should have invested maybe a few more months or even a year being friends with some of the gentlemen in my past. I think I probably should have been a little more careful. When I look back on high school, college it's like wait a minute...maybe I should have been a bit more patient just as I was with my best friends. We all invested time, we hung out, we got to know each other, everyone met each others families, friends, and everyone really spent time together getting to know the good, bad, and ugly side. It's weird cause I think if I had really stopped myself and said "Girl okay remember one self-control, discipline, have faith, you'll be fine, and really just be yourself you're going to be fine." I know we all have to go through certain things at a certain time to get better. But now I am really getting it.....one thing I realize I have been friends with a lot of my girlfriends for more than a decade lol! But I haven't been in a relationship more than sixth or seven months so now I realize okay I need to invest more. Not investing materialistic, money, but investing more time. I need to invest a lot more when it comes to the males. I mean I have in a way...but I didn't extend the time, we were often so caught up in just spending time together sometimes I often let the emotions maybe go too far back then. I think now we he and I need to step back and look at each other more like not just I want to spend time with you but can we be friends, just to know each other first and then move forward. I think that's what the key may be, being friends having a stronger connection, you really get a sense of a person, who they are, where they have been, what they have seen, and then that's the key to developing a better relationship. When I say friends I don't mean like "hey buddy you're my buddy I'll be your kid sister" lol...No I mean let me be your best friend who just happens to be a female and I can talk to you about what's going on inside of your world as well. I believe I am getting closer to the person who I am supposed to be with in my life but I think in order for this to happen, I am probably going to end up stepping outside of myself a bit, out of my comfort zone, and probably when I get to where I want to be at as well. I think it's going to happen when God, me, and this wonderful man thinks it right. 


Keep your love life always burning like a heart of flame
Just love the picture, tasteful P.D.A always

The person who will run across a large bridge, i.e. Brooklyn Bridge, Bay Bridge, Red Gate Bridge, wherever is the one who will go
through anything with you. "We'll cross that bridge when we get to it"....definitely means that here.
Love what this quote means it's like essence of everything what I have been looking for in that gentlemen the most forget the past, the present, just accept me as I am now and who I will be in the future at my best and worst times. =)

So the longer he and I are "friends" the better our relationship will be in the future. =) So....let's be friends...."Will you be my friend? Mr. Man? lol" I promise to be the best friend who's a girl you ever had lol. But for now no honestly I think it does really work I have seen relationships around me and they were friends first with their significant other for months before they decided to take it further to the next level. I think for me the next relationship I get into and whoever I end up with this will be crucial and important for us because then we can take it level by level until we know we are ready. 

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...