Monday, January 27, 2014

Curvy is better-Diversity for women is necessary

Hello readers....My first post of the year for 2014! Controversy striked right away, and you know me I am ready for action. All right this January four magazine covers for the women in television series were released with Mindy Kaling, Zooey Deschanel, Amy Poehler, and Allison Williams. They are all different sizes and I believe this sometimes curvy is better, it's needed actually, when I heard about major magazines, the ones that I have been reading for years like Elle, Vogue, magazines I have looked up to for years. 


When I saw they were cutting down and editing photographs just to appease the masses. I thought to myself we live in a world where this is not only one race, one background, we live in a world full of people from all backgrounds, cultures, customs, traditions. Women who come in all shapes and sizes from 0 to 25 there's no need to discriminate. I love how women in this generation are trying to really showcase the younger children and teens. It's all right to be who you are, appreciate who you are, you're never going to look exactly like someone else because everyone was created really chose and created to be their own person, individual, and to be who they are. I was kind of appalled actually because I live in the real world with people who get up everyday and they come in different sizes, heights, and they are different. You're DNA is specifically tailored to you, you will never be or look exactly like someone else. You are this way for a reason to be different. 


 Now I loved how they chose four women of all different backgrounds, they reflected women in television of all walks of life because they have been in the industry for a long period of time. They come from all different journeys, they are different shapes and sizes. It is necessary to show that for kids, teens, who admire and are inspired by these people. It may sound like a lot because they are role models, it comes with the territory of being in the television, music, and entertainment industry. I think it's sort of sad that some people thought Mindy Kaling's cover was cut off on purpose. It was cut I don't believe with poor intention. She was on that cover to show women of all backgrounds you made it. She chose the photograph! I just believe it was her choice, she even stated it was her choice. I just believe now we have to accept it's all right. It's good for a woman to look like a woman, to be curvaceous, to be petite, to have long legs, to be 6 feet tall, to have different hair colors. Diversity is necessary because we are all different individuals. I am happy to see them all on the cover of these high profile magazines, but disappointed some thought her photo was cut purposely. She was put on the cover to show that you can become a television star and also be not of the common All-American bombshell or typical size 0. I love that and think we need to continue reflecting that remember diversity is needed that's what is is in the real world, curvy is always better, and healthy is best. It's always a pleasure to write to you my readers. I will be back for more. 

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...