Thursday, August 7, 2014

“Francophile in New York”


The French bakery, Maison Kayser the Fifth Avenue location on West 40th street
I walked past this place a couple of days ago, in New York, I was right by Bryant Park  beautiful park, something always happening there, one of my many favorite parks aside from Central Park, which is about 50 blocks long, and absolutely gorgeous, and well maintained, The Conservatory does such a great job to maintain it by the way. Giving them a nice plug, cause I have visited so many times,
Now my Honey Brown Sugar instincts kicked in because it hit me I need to start writing more about the things I love, and of course this city. I can’t deny how much I love food and New York (I told you I was born here) So yes you will hear more about my experiences as well in the city. Yes I love to eat, but I try to eat a lot more healthier now within my twenties. I do discriminate meat sorry I am not a vegetarian I have to have a good steak and lobster sometimes!
I have always had a really good regimen of food, I learned early though to maintain eating healthy but it’s all right to indulge. I also learned at a very early age maybe five probably about all different types of food, cultures, and embracing all backgrounds. One of those cultures I learned early was French actually.  I was about ten years old and I saw this movie called “The Josephine Baker Story”. Now I actually saw the movie when I was very little, but I saw it when I was older and was engulfed by this woman, this exotic African American woman who has such a beautiful, unique, powerful story.
            I was given a choice in my fifth grade class to discuss one of my heroes, this was perfect timing, I chose Freda Josephine McDougal aka Josephine Baker. I had gained this powerful obsession, and love for France! I am glad I did because I really do love Europe, traveling all different cultures, and learning about all backgrounds actually. It used to make me just dream one day I would go. My mother went, four of my very close friends have gone, any many others. I became so in love with this powerful, beautiful city, and I still am. I have been to Europe, but I visited Geneva, Switzerland briefly to travel on the train to Milan, then stayed in Florence, Italy for a month and two weeks,  visited Pisa, Lucca, and lastly Rome. I so badly wanted to go to France. I still long for it and believe I am getting closer to my dream. I think it’s going to happen very soon and I will be able to go possibly with either my close friends,  maybe my mom, the man I care for and love as well which would be even sweeter.  I would want to stay for at least a month. I have so many places to visit, foods to try, things to see. It would really be a complete dream come true. I believe it will happen, everything is timing truly, but it’s a matter of one knowing where to go, getting there, having the funds, and being 100 percent ready. I think being an adult and having the means to get out there would be the best of having everything ready so my dream would come true. This trip will mean so much to me more than just 1 reason.  Just to be able to  be there and to travel. To know I followed my dream and I didn’t give up would be perfect.
            So let this Francophile tell you the restaurant I saw the other day was a French bakery called Maison Kayser they have several locations one in lower Manhattan, midtown Manhattan, and uptown as well on upper East Side. It made me realize when I walked in there yes I found a bakery I am going to love. I heard Billie Holiday singing on the speakers playing, I saw the cold salads, sandwiches being chilled everything looked delicious, from the pasta, the sandwiches, the pastries, all beautifully prepared. I will be back for sure. I decided to really indulge in my passions, so I bought a vanilla éclair, I have been craving them for some reason I haven’t had one in so long. I also bought a Pavlova dessert it’s gorgeous, decadent, and delicious trust me. You feel like you’re in fruit and crème paradise completely.  I cannot wait I am excited to try, indulge, and taste more of these beautiful, delicious treats provided by Eric Kayser the creator of this beautiful restaurant, and the chef who prepared these delicious treats as well. A true artist, and I know I will enjoy this completely. I am going to have a ball visiting the restaurant, and many others. I also found a place called Éclair Bakery located in midtown Manhattan I will visit as well. I am excited because it’s so important for me to keep on finding more before I get to visit the “City of Lights”. I am extremely excited and know it will happen very soon. Stay tuned my readers love you thanks for continuing to rock with me. More to discuss always =) Visit http://www.maison-kayser,com/m/en  for more information. 
           
           


A delicious vanilla eclair and the beautifully strawberry and raspberry decorated dessert is a Pavlova yum!

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...