Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Alas! "Aaliyah: Princess of R&B" gets a film date




The first Princess of R&B of the 1990s Aaliyah (promotional photo from "We Need A Resolution" (2001) 
Whew! thank you Lifetime Networks, The Wendy Williams Production team finally set a date after the battle this summer for trying to find the right person to play the stunning beauty and multitalented Aaliyah Dana Haughton.  After the great debate whether if the film would get made due to song copyright issues, using them in the film, debate over the complexion of the actresses who would play her would be light or dark-skinned enough to have the role. In the end it finally gets made, Thank God Wendy Williams, Deborah Martin-Chase, and the cast who are apart of this project. I cannot wait to finally see the film I am hoping to watch it along with you all on November 15, 2014 the film airs on Lifetime Networks. I am relieved and happy everything in a way worked out.
Alexandra Shipp as Aaliyah 
The Haughton family can always have someone play Aaliyah in a full featured major film in the future and can have complete control over the story. I just hope that this time  with “Princess of R&B” it will also include the truth and include more detail on her life as well.  I hope in the future the full -length feature film will also include more input from the people who were very close and dear to her as well.  I am looking forward to finally seeing this made it means a lot to me and all of her fans that in the end people pushed to get the film still made to honor her memory and the legend she would have become as well.  So after the film airs I will definitely do a review of it in the future and tell you my opinions. As I told you I was a big fan of her work since I was a little girl about 8–years-old I was growing up  with her listening to her music and watching her videos.  It was 1994 and I saw her come on the television screen, as time progressed, I have watched her dance, act, and so much more. I tried to emulate her clothing style and dance moves as well. She really was and she would continue to be an impeccable shooting star today. I am sure she would have remained “the classy one” she always was as well. Today she probably would have her own clothing line, more movies, put out more music, and so much more.  I am glad in the end everything fell into place for them all.
Congratulations to the beautiful, Alexandra Shipp, the cast, and everyone who was apart of the project as well as to Lifetime Networks and everyone in production who finally put this together a lot of people have been waiting to see her story told in a feature film story. Also her family happy they did not pull out of this project too.  The wait will finally be over. Cannot wait to see the final project.  Now as I said before a new generation of fans will know about her those who were too young to know Aaliyah and those born after she passed will know her now as well which is what I believe the goal was for people to accomplish with the film. For her story and legacy to continue on for Pop and R&B music lovers all over.  Now I have to include one of my favorite Aaliyah songs. This song actually inspired me to write a letter to a crush of mine back in junior high school. One of my oldest friends she would remember this story if I refresh her memory. I wrote him a "Four-Page Letter" inspired by Aaliyah's song,titled, "Four Page Letter". The video is below.  

Visit for more information http://www.lifetime.com or http://www.aaliyah.com 


No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...