Tuesday, November 25, 2014

"Life of a bridesmaid series: "The Dress Fitting Part 2"



Hello my “Honey Brown Sugar” readers!  So back to the “Life of a bridesmaid” series. Yes I am having fun as bridesmaid planning and be apart of this journey with one of my dear friends.  I am learning and have learned a lot before and during this process. I have plenty to share with you all that I hope will help you, your friends, family, co-workers, and other important people in your life.
So let’s start with dress fitting number 2. Yes I have one more dress fitting l  Otherwise I have chosen my shoes, accessories, and many other things all ready. So the Sardella/Fernandez bridal party commenced.  Everything went really well once again I met up with the lovely bride and we really got a chance just to hangout with the girls, have fun, and catch up this time. The bridal party paid for their dresses and we took our last fitting. Now the fun really begins. Everything is settled and going fantastic we have a maybe a couple bumps in the road but it’s been great all the way. I think we really nailed everything and will all look amazing and fantastic. I really have to hand it to our bridal party we are nothing like the ladies on “Bridezilla”, “Say yes to the dress”, or other shows who have had bad reputations. I think we’re all so excited to be apart of the day, and see someone who we care very much marry another person who we care for that’s the beautiful part of it.
One movie classic I love definitely something every couple  could relate to leading up to the day.

One of my favorite wedding themed films.

We do have a few thing left, I have to do alterations which can be extremely expensive tailors charge between $50-60.00 and up based off of the dress, style, and material.
I am very excited and happy that this day we’ll arrive could not be more proud, now for you all I have advice for you all. All right you want to know how our group got everything to go so smoothly so early. The bride, my friend Marisa planned everything in advance, super in advance. That’s how we roll….when you plan something in advance even if it may be 2 years off. You have time to focus on the matter, it’s like building an old house taking it apart and redoing it from scratch. You want the home to look it’s best so you take time and build it slowly.  You renovate piece by piece.
This is how preparing for a wedding can be as well You want to prepare, financially, emotionally, mentally, spiritually. You have a whole cast of characters to deal with aside from your family, friends, and everyone else you are dealing with for this one big amazing day. It is your job to eat, sleep, prepare, and think of what you want. What did you and your groom/bride always dream of? What did you always see for yourself? How did you envision your day being with the person you love, did you want simple, did you want casual, did you want extravagance, opulence,  dark, comical, exotic, or flamboyant. How did you envision your day and what is the style between the two of you. That’s something I think the brides and brides-to-be need to keep in mind. Remember the day is about you and your significant other. You want to accomplish your goal together as a couple.
            Another thing we used team work as well, we all know each other very well, I suggest the bride please choose people who you know have your best interest at heart and love you completely. They would do anything for you and vice versa. I think that’s how the bridal party managed to make it work. We found a way to compromise and found a way to make the day go smoothly for the bride.  Spend time with group leading up to the day, even if you haven’t seen everyone consistently that helps a lot for your bridal party to build trust, become even closer, and get to know each other.
            One more thing I must elaborate on is communicate with the store who has your dress, that’s one thing I definitely noticed with all of the brides who were at bridal store choosing their dresses. You must communicate with your salesperson(s_) and make sure every guest is comfortable, attended to, and can speak with the sales people effectively getting the look she is going to achieve for the big day.

Marriage counseling yes the topic came up. I cannot believe we went from talking about sweet sixteen’s to now Marriage counseling. Yes my friend and I are discussing how that all though you are planning a beautiful wedding, on a spiritual and religious level. You have to also prepare for the spiritual part of how you are going to raise and build your family. It doesn’t matter what faith or religious background you are. Any couple needs to go through marriage counseling and preparation I believe.  Every couple needs to discuss their issues and what is going on with them daily. That is something I am actually excited to go through with my own fiancé/husband one day. We have a chance to discuss everything and prepare. Yes it may daunting, it could be challenging, scary, fearful of how your partner may really feel about not just you but everything in general. At the same time it’s great because you have a chance to know the real them before you take that step with them down the aisle. Does anyone remember these movies, “License to Wed”, “Father of the Bride 1 and 2”, “Jumping the broom”? Yes these were  romantic/dramatic films but every film remember has a plot and climax where the characters are tested. This is where you are tested with your partner. You get a chance to see what they are really thinking and how they feel. However, you also they realize that the person may be also holding back some things too. I am all for counseling, and an outside voice or people to help guide you without judgment but genuine and pure concern. You want to make sure you know what you are investing into and what you are completely devoting yourself too. I told someone marriage is part business, pleasure, fun, socializing, and learning as well. How do I know so much about this topic I think because I have seen a lot of relationships, I know what problems can arise, I have also experienced things myself. So I have a good idea if you stay realistic. You have to be aware and know problems arise, great days can be enjoyed, but you have to also remember just like your life before the person you  were with and how your life was during that time. You have to remember you will have beautiful moments and difficult challenges as well. You have to know how to be strong, how to know we can fight through any test no matter how minute, trivial, large, dramatic, ugly, or difficult it may be. You need to remember who you fell in love with as well.  If you keep that in mind you will be all right and you’ll have someone to come home to every time who will make the day all better.  So I say all you newlyweds, newly engaged, or people thinking of proposing to the person they love. Keep all of this in mind. You need to know who you are dealing with in the end. 
Another film about conflict and quick resolution for an engaged couple or newlyweds. 

I will have so many other topics to discuss during my life of a bridesmaid series, giving you advice, and interesting tips as well until the summertime comes-topics like your venue: what do you envision, The Cake Tasting: How to find your perfect dessert to splurge on at your reception, The perfect wedding shoe: Every bride is different is it comfort over style?, also  Find your perfect wedding song: Wedding anthems :classic to contemporary,  Show them what you’re working with at your reception!: The perfect wedding dance, and  How to find your love destination: Perfect honeymoon, and the perfect wedding gift. There’s so much coming that I have in store to write about cannot wait to share more with you all. I will be in touch my readers love you all. 

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...