Monday, October 8, 2018

10 years later...my blog has grown up


A decade later…I didn’t know I would have this blog this long but because we are still in the digital era it’s the sweetest thing to have this platform I am so excited for the future because I get to turn things all the way up. Your girl has been busy this year. I cannot believe it is October and it just so happens to be my blog’s 10th birthday is approaching October 21st, 2008 I created it and started my first post about female empowerment and discussing a few albums some of you music lovers will know and now it’s expanded. I can discuss everyone’s album, pop culture, music, television, fashion, and everything that happens in real and live time.

I am proud that I did this project, I have to thank my professor who taught my Basic Reporting class the great, journalist/writer/ radio show host, Karen Hunter, all of  the bloggers it’s so many of you I follow, read, and check out, the writers, journalists, photographers, and most of all Google (GOOGLE I LOVE YOU!!!!! You’re my babe all day). 
Also the creator who initially had the phenomenal idea to start this Evan Ferris is the actual person who made Blogger that is a genius platform for writers of all different backgrounds to come and share our thoughts, ideas, and opinions. Thank you for having this amazing vision to make something that's been life changing for all of us in different media platforms. 

Why do I have to give Google a shout out because I had an opportunity to work temporarily at Google this summer and Google just so happens to be connected to blogger.com the company who is responsible for owning my blog especially if I want to add advertisement to my blog I have to go through Google and ask for permission too. So yes I have to give all praise to them they just turned 20 too so it’s a big year for monumental birthdays for our companies, services, and business. This was initially just a hobby something I would do in my spare time but then it became a passion project. I have to thank all of the readers I’ve been checking my stats just to see which countries and the amount of people who are reading and many of you come from the United States of America which is amazing so you all live here in the country and are probably right under my nose. The rest of you are in other parts like South America, Europe, I even saw some stats for Greenland! I am impressed and very proud. I am glad my words, my stories, the news stories, and all of the people who have been featured have inspired you, motivated, made you want to work even harder, or that you have seen their movies, read their books, checked out their clothing lines, perfumes, and other products. I hope you have visited their shows live in person too.
This blog has been a digital scrapbook, a digital time capsule, something I can pass on to the next generation in my family, and there after. I love that as a bloggers we get to share with all of you on how important it is to have a voice, to speak up on so many different topics that can bring your joy, excitement, and happiness.  So this goes for all of the bloggers, vloggers, everyone who has established a platform, a brand, believes in pop culture, believes in still having a great time, believes in all dreams coming true, and wants to keep creating and building great businesses, companies, brands, and stars. That’s what I have gained from writing about people who all sought out to make something great for themselves and others too.
This is for you I will celebrate with a glass of champagne I toast to all of you the Blogging and Vlogging community to  YouTube, Word Press, Bloggers, Square Space, and all of the companies who give us a chance to build something amazing with their blogs and other sites that allow us to create something instant and amazing.
Now along with new beginnings a new decade is ahead of me now and there’s still a lot to talk about of course. I decided to change my blog’s name because I felt like it wasn’t really representing me, like who I really am as a whole person from beginning to present time. I thought to myself think about what’s become apart o you now I am going to dedicate the name to the place where I was born and currently live at the moment. I decided to dedicate it to the city that I love where I was born, made, and have experienced so much. I dedicated the blog to where it was born too in New York City. So my blog is now “The Original Manhattanite” because that’s who created it me and that’s where it’s birthplace is too. Too much won’t change I will still share my stories, my life, and other experiences with you but we’re going in a different, sophisticated, more grown up direction now. Means were going to have more fun though too I will not forget that. Let’s just say now my blog and I are going to show you what we both are really made of now.
So to all the writers, bloggers, and vloggers I salute you and keep on with your passion cause your passion made lead you to a career you’re going to be head over heels in love with too. Dream the biggest dreams they really do come true =) xoxoxo thank you all so much =)



No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...