Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Birthday Week 2009



I had an awesome birthday week I can't describe the feeling of being proud to be born around a great time. The Yankees won their world series game two nights before my birthday which worked out pretty well because I was able to attend the 27th anniversary parade on my birthday by canal street. Here's my take on the experience....I am not an avid sports watcher maybe when I am watching basketball but for the last couple of weeks I have become a Yankees watcher. I just attended the 2009 Yankees Parade in New York City located between Broadway and Canal Street and going uptown. The parade was the commemoration for the 27th anniversary celebration of the Yankees taking the title of the game from their Wednesday play against the Philadelphia Phillies 4-7. Throughout the whole day I saw a mixture of blue, white, and pinstripes of the beloved Yankees jerseys. Everyone was marching, yelling, and screaming “Let’s Go Yankees!” in sing song formation. The parade of course had floats gliding down the streets. The place where I stood was not the live spot where the coverage took place but I was able to see on the Jumbo- Tron images of prominent Yankees figures Derek Jeter smiling and beaming proudly. I saw that not only adults were dressed up wearing their pinstripes. They also dressed their children in decorative matching outfits. The vendors were out there trying to earn a buck for t-shirts and selling flags as well. I personally would love to wear a NY Yankees jersey in honor of my birthplace’s team. I am very proud to be a semi- New Yorker and to be honoring the Yankees on my birthday as well. Its kind of funny how that all worked out actually.
Fans were definitely proud of their home team some came from their next door state New Jersey as well as just to be apart of the action. I even found some gentlemen who are Yankees fans who wanted to take and pose pictures with me on my special day as well. The parade will be something I will remember for years to come until the next World Series game. They have made me want to go to the New Yankees Stadium in the Bronx a and watch a game in the future with my pink Yankees cap, a hot dog, and a camera in one hand snapping photos. So as the songs “Take me out to the ball game take me out to the crowd…For its root root for the home team!” I heart you Yankees good luck in the next season and congratulations on the win.

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...