Thursday, April 1, 2010

"US CENSUS 2010'' FORM: Not as innocent as it seems.


It kind of occurred to me yesterday that maybe when it comes to something you are not supposed to see. Then you really should not see it for a reason.

I am referring to the US Census 2010 form for all the Americans in our country every new decade we have to fill out the 15-20 question form and answer the questions so our government can see the changes they need to make on the population of our country and the many different changes that we have to deal with as well. A friend of mind mentioned racial profiling to me. The truth is after seeing the form. There is truth in my friend's comment. I believe that is right actually. They classify you of course based on race. White/Anglo-Saxon, African American/Black/Negro! (now), Hispanic (Non-White), Asian American, Pacific Islander, Indian-American, Native American (vast difference), Biracial, now Multiracial. Now I love that our country is so diverse believe me. I live in one of the most diverse neighborhoods, attend college in the city of one of the most diverse states, New York. I also for years since I was age 9 or 10 had friends from all walks of life and backgrounds. I have never had any problem with that at all. I accept it and embrace that as well. This is what makes me Chloe Jewel Riccardo. Now first of all I have to say this US Census form should have been double checked for typos and errors twice by the secretaries or whoever typed it up. Also mind you did President Obama or Vice -President Joe Biden see this? Did Michelle see this? Did the kids see this? What is going on? Have we really not evolved now? We are supposed to it is 2010 and we are in the second decade of the twenty-first century. Why are people still fascinated with the idea that you have to put down Negro for African Americans . I don't believe in this at all when it comes to my race I am sorry honey but I am not a Negro. I am the sixth or seventh-generation born here in America of my family. I am not a Negro and I do not consider myself that. I may use the word for reference because I do not want to be called anything differently. That's not where I am at all. I should not be referred to that. My people should the community should not be referred to that. Do not make me take a ride down to DC to protest against this because I will. Believe me I will walk down to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and protest against this little form. It is disrespectful because mind you Mr. Obama is biracial. How can you let this slip up!?! I voted for you in 2008 how can you let that happened. If he did not see it well hopefully the people in his oval office will let him. Make a change and leave as on the US Census 2010 form change immediately. You guys are talking about moving forward...how about make some changes damn it! I am sorry but its not acceptable to me. It's almost disgraceful and ridiculous actually. That's pathetic. US CENSUS 2010 form you need to change sorry. Maybe it was good that my mother filled you out instead of me. I would've attached a letter along with it.

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...