Sunday, September 12, 2010

MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS 2010


EMINEM AND RIHANNA PERFORM AT MTV AWARDS AND SHE SURPRISES THE CROWD WITH "LOVE THE WAY YOU LIE" PERFORMANCE

SOME OF THE JERSEY SHORE CAST NICOLE "SNOOKI" POLIZZI , PAULY D, THE SITUATION & J-WOWW


KATY PERRY, KESHA, AUDRINA, AND ANOTHER MODEL/ACTRESS STRUT THEIR STUFF ON THE WHITE CARPET















LADY GAGA'S WELL KNOWN DRESSES THE MEAT DRESS ON THE LEFT AND HER DRESS DESIGNED BY ALEXANDER MCQUEEN


















I am a MTV fan and have been since forever. I had to write about this one because I love the line up and the people who are performing. So I had to semi cover this major event. I am not there in person. I wish I could be but for now I can tell you MTV did an incredible job as they always do.There is no red carpet this year this year it is White. The set and decor is in resemblance of a party house. Everything is white and black.Now I remember the Miami VMAs I believe there was a pink carpet, The New York VMAS, I am not sure if they have done Las Vegas, and now Los Angeles once again. So I will be covering this by watching even though I am not there but I got this one in the bag. The performance was amazing and they all did an incredible job. The line up included...Eminem starting off the night with "I am not Afraid" and "Love The Way You Lie" ft. Rihanna. The song did create some controversy with some talk show hosts about the content of the song but I think now after that performance. You see for yourself art is expression. The song is about experiences but not something that should be taken seriously and create a riot.









The performances were incredible. I loved the whole stage, the setting was incredible. Even the middle of the stage resembled the inside of someone's eye. Incredible performances. There was not a lot of controversy this year mainly because, host Chelsea Handler wanted everyone to be on their best behavior for the remainder of the show. They were but there was still some buzzworthy attention. Perfect example the now famous dress for awards show will not be Jennifer Lopez's green Versace dress. Now it's pop/dance music star,Lady Gaga's meat dress and her dress by the late Alexander McQueen. The meat dress I would not personally go around with meat unless I plan to cook it. In her case I'll make the exception because she really is a genius this woman knows how to create attention, get people talking, and she knows to make herself noteable,remembered, and noticed. I love that about her because she's creative and opinionated. Another memorable moment was the Usher performance he did an amazing job with "OMG" basically coming out the screen in 3D laser light installations and screens.









The Kanye West performance he closed out the show with his new song, "Runaway" and the new chorus that I and many people will remember :"Let's have a toast for the Douchebags! Let's have a toast for A**holes" Something that was well thought out and gives people the chance to once again talk about him again. That's how you do it. I saw so many familiar faces as far as fashion goes Sammi "Sweetheart Giancola from "The Jersey Shore" and Jersey Shore crew did a good job with her fashion, Snooki looked amazing with the bangs, Ciara's dress I love, Eva Marcille from Top Model amazing look, Drake looked extremely handsome in his suit lol. I loved the Mary J. Blige, Swizz Beats performance because I am a big fan of his music now currently. "Thank Me Later" is in stores now. Also very proud of Gaga for her 4 or 5 time moon men win and her colloboration with my girl,Honey B better known as Beyonce. They did a exceptional job with Telephone. So overall there was a lot of success during the night. It was a pleasant night it was a fun night it wasn't a night for controversy so the 2010 awards this time was well done. Thank you Chelsea Handler!!!!
On to the next VMAs hopefully this time I and my best girlfriends will be there in 2011!!!!! Working hard for these tickets I want to be there so bad. So let the good music and shows continue Thank you and Love You MTV!
For more information on the Jersey Shore and other shows visit http://www.mtv.com









1 comment:

Don said...

Lady Gaga is one in a million. No, make that one in two million. She is as unorthodox as they come yet I can respect her talents to the fullest.

Rihanna can do no wrong in my eyes. I believe the best is yet to come for her.

Good recap.

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...