Thursday, November 15, 2012

Prematurity Awareness Month for Preemies in November

All right there are only 30 days in November right? Right. There's Thanksgiving to celebrate with your loved ones, and so much more to celebrate getting ready to enjoy the holiday seasons and festivities. Now there is one more important thing to me for November I try to honor. Is the fact the babies out there still need your support the little young babies who don't have anyone to speak for them except their parents. You can be their voice, you can raise your voice for them. Donating, Walking, or even just participating for March of Dimes I believe helps. I support them cause some pretty impressive children have been born who were preemies. I am one of them. 

I want to say for women, for the little babies, the young doctors, and the professionals you have to honor Prematurity Awareness Month for November. There are babies who born at less than 39 weeks and it occurs. It can happen at any moment any situation can occur due to stress, or any complication of course which can prevented as well. The best way for mothers to give their children the option to make sure they get to their due date which is ideally at 40 weeks (Exactly 9 months) for the babies is to maintain their stress level, stay active, and exercise with your baby. Also make sure to limit alcohol in take, for reducing rates of having a baby with fetal alcohol damage to their very young brains. Limit your seafood intake for mercury reasons, forget caffeine (sorry caffeine lovers I am one too and I was a preemie so I have to do it too one day! that includes sugary drinks i.e. soda, chocolate, coffee, and tea), and keep up the vegetables for them because they will have to love that stuff eventually right. Keep the prenatal vitamins going you can even start early...your baby will need plenty of calcium, folic acid, vitamins A,B,C, D,  E and K all from your nutrients. 

The more the mother of the child maintains these habits the healthier the baby will be, in this day and age now lives are so different. We have families of all backgrounds, all races, all economic levels, families of different sexualities, creeds, and beliefs. The most important thing is to make sure before you to drive your baby home is that they can make it into the world safely and healthy. I ask you all to support me as a former preemie (I weighed 2 pounds and 9 ounces) I came at 32 weeks I was born in New York City at Mount Sinai Hospital...now 26 years later I live in New York City now after much relocating and moving around...I am 5 feet 6 inches...my weight I am not a shamed to say is 168 (I am losing weight lol at the moment working on that) and I am healthy, strong, and I make sure that I maintain that. I am not perfect at all. I am sure my readers know that for sure! Lol Honey Brown Sugar is not perfect believe me...but I try my best to be healthy and make sure that I will live a long, healthy,full, meaningful, joyous, and happy life =) (God willing). 
So in honor of babies like me, a special baby I heard about named Kenna Moore she was born at 9.9 ounces  she came at 24 weeks on July 10th she came home she's beautiful growing strong now I have seen her all ready online you can follow her on Facebook too, a baby girl who I know who was born to two friends of mine as well who were premature I salute you babies. I want to say to all of you visit the site, support your friends who are having babies, cause they just keep the world spinning that were living in. =)  I encourage all of the mothers and future mothers that if you do have a premature baby...just know one thing she, he, or them will be just grateful that you had them! Also that you gave them a chance to live, breathe, experience life. Most of all giving them a chance to shine, and of course be there to share their time, your time, and love you. Your baby will be healthy and hey they may grow up to write a blog like me too =) LOL! So parents and future parents please make sure you


Visit http://www.marchofdimes.com  and this link about Kenna Moore =) 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/12/kenna-moore-tiny-baby-home-from-hospital_n_1668107.html

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...