Tuesday, July 15, 2014

On the Run tour coming to HBO September




I had the honor thank goodness everything always has a way of working out when you have something you want to see and want to be at. I worked 3 days back to back to see this concert, and it was worth it believe me, everything I had to go through leading up to it was worth it. Now they are doing an HBO special coming this fall in September. Now we remember Beyonce did a special but it was more focused from her perspective, her life, her story, and journey during her Ms. Carter World tour and 4 album promotion as well. Also leading up to the birth of Blue Ivy Carter as well. Now the dynamic duo and power couple have decided to kick things up a notch further. They are doing a special for HBO focusing on the journey and their tour as well, preparation, and leading up to their concert which started in Miami, Florida July 1st. Now they have just swept through the tri- state, I saw their concert at Met Life Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ on July 12, 2014. I am grateful because one we were coming into the stadium,we didn't hear a single boom, bass, or anything until we got inside and sat down. It was almost like nothing happened until my dad and I walked in the stadium. We found our seats, got comfortable about 10 minutes later the show began. I always look forward to the build up, the introduction of the concert, the music, the visuals, and they have a great concept for the "On The Run" tour which is basically Beyonce and Jay-Z using their Bonnie & Clyde personas to run around the town and terrorize people. Yet at the same time you remember this is all an act, because I kept seeing the words, "This is not a real gun", "this is not real life". You then see them come out in their fully matching black leather outfits come out.  
You see the sweetness, the bond between them of course come out, there is a balance, it's like savory and sweet, spicy and salty, theirs is a mixture of tough beats mixed with Beyonce's pop/R&B sugar pop  lyrics. It had a tough side to it but you remember they are a couple. It also made me proud of her 100 percent because she declared herself as a "feminist" 100 percent in the stadium, displaying it, like yes, I am admitting it because, how can you not though, equal justice for both sexes. I think that's the main theme of the concert though, not necessarily men vs. women. It's about bringing them together and finding that balance that a man and woman can be equally strong, tough, independent, in their music lyrics as they can when it comes to their relationship. You see everything reflected in them on stage, I even spotted him kiss his wife on the neck very lovingly. It was sweet, you see the professionalism but also their relationship on display. 

I loved the ending I am going to tell you the home movies moved me, seeing them open up when they are extremely private believe me. They only allow people in when they are 100 percent ready to do so and in a timely fashion I don't want to give all of what I saw first hand. You will see everything this fall and enjoy it because both Jay-Z and Beyonce put on a hell of a show. For more information also for merchandise I will probably get a couple of shirts to treasure cause it's been a while since I have seen them in concert and together it was explosive just as their pyrotechnics!   Visit http://www.beyonce.com/tour and also http://www.lifeandtimes.com/JayZ

Jay-Z holding up Dynasty signs on stage.

Me at the concert at Met Life Stadium

Look who's on stage performing if you look close "Queen B" herself

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...