Saturday, February 7, 2015

Why was 1995 so important to me?


In honor of Valentine’s Day ….
I am going a bit back….way back just feeling a bit nostalgic. I am going to tell you about the boy I first kissed (lol!) I had a crush on this little boy in my school who was everything to me. I am going to protect his identity but he knows who he is if he remembers these moments. It was the summer of 1995, twenty years ago. I was 8 years old (yes, little Honey Brown Sugar) was eight lol…well this  was way before I became “Honey Brown Sugar”. I was in third grade and attending Holy Name Catholic School in Washington, D.C.. We are both the same age actually. He is 4 months older than me. He had been living in Washington , D.C. by then a few years and I was too. I first met him in the first grade, he was new in my school and I thought he was so cute. I used to write him love letters, put my mom’s lipstick on and kiss the envelope, scribbling his name all over it.  All the little girls loved him and it used to irritate me cause the girls would get mad when I would flirt with him or when he and I had any moment alone together.
It was so funny my friends teasing me cause I am attempting to get his attention. I have a confession he is probably part of the reason I didn’t pass my classes that year either.  I was distracted….“Ooooh bad I know”. I wanted to be with him cause I had strong feelings at that age. It goes to show you love knows no age…it can come at you when you are just a baby playing with barbies and hide and go seek.
He and I actually talked on the phone I did everything I could to get his number, I even had one of my friends get his phone number. I called him on the phone I was so nervous that I actually hung the phone up! His mother “*69” (star 69) my Grandmother’s house phone. My grandmother answered and said “I think my granddaughter must have called you”. So what happened…his mother came to the school and actually came looking for me. “Is there a Chloe here?”, “Chloe, I don’t know
a Chloe”. I pretended to be someone I wasn’t cause I was so scared. I was little and didn’t know what his mother would say. Then I said “I am Chloe”, I will never forget she said, “” She said you can call Nicholas”(not his real name) he has a bedtime at 9p.m.”  I even remember asking him “Do you like me?” with the yes, no, or maybe box putting on a piece of paper!!! (lmao!) I was so little, innocent but one thing I remember the most the night I called him. I of course was nervous shouldn’t every little girl be who’s about to make a bold move.
I was in my mom’s bedroom, picked up our old rotary beige phone, lol. I called his number and we began talking  on the phone. That summer was the best because I shared my first kiss with him while we were attending the day camp program at our school. I told him I had a surprise for him and I kissed him, pulling him in the hallway, (Aggressive right?) lol! Hey when I want something I go for it especially in that situation. I felt like the queen! I told my little girlfriends and jumped for joy.  I transferred going to another school later that year.  We never saw each other again, but what I didn’t realize that actually we could have stayed in touch but God had other plans in mind. 

15 years later in 2010, through technology we linked up and met up. His family still lives in Washington, I haven’t spoken to him in a long time cause I have moved on completely. However one thing I will say the connection was still there, and the rest I will share in my biography one day. Lol but for now I will say again “Love has no age” it can happen any moment and time. So find someone who knocks you and blows you away. Who’s the person you would pull into a hallway?  Oh by the way we got caught by this kid too while kissing lol!!!! But of course nothing really happened. So funny. So that’s one lesson I can teach you my wonderful readers. Happy Valentine’s Day and Happy Love Month! There is one song that reminds me of him always...lol "Candy Rain" by Soul For Real lol. =)



No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...