Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The "T-Shirt"



You know on a personal level....it's funny my mom asked me the other day why do you want to go to the library apparently because I have to connect and write to you all right? That's why my readers lol....so here's a funny little story about "someone special"....I have a t-shirt that  is red and blue. Well its a red shirt and has blue lettering on the front with the school the love of my life attended. You want to know the truth behind this little t-shirt. It’s crazy but so funny actually.

I was dating someone with the same name as him. I happened to be in Washington, D.C. because as you know I used to live there and grew up there from the time I was 41/2 to 10 years old. So I was in town visiting that guy with the same name. The 1st guy I dated with the same name as him was in town from his hometown and we were there for Howard University’s homecoming. I wanted to go but it was pouring raining like crazy that weekend. It was odd and weird. So since we weren’t able to watch the whole homecoming this was in 2009. We ended up running into a bookstore. So I grabbed a t-shirt and bought it. I wore it and didn’t realize the next time I would wear that t-shirt I would be kissing and with a man with the same name but different spelling who attended that college.
A man who graduated with a magna cum laude award and college degree. A man who had chocolate brown ski
That's not the shirt but I will tell you this...it looks something like it lol..I'll post a pic one day with the person who attended that college and he will show you who he is lol =)
n and was handsome with a wide smile. A man who I would fall in love with too. I keep thinking how funny I thought it would be to show him the t-shirt like it was a deep connection. A reason why I bought that shirt. Now every time I wear  it I smile and think of every moment with him. I think of how he proudly graduated from there. How he is so successful and driven. Its funny I was supposed to attend that college and applied as well. In 2003 my senior year of high school. I didn’t make it back then but I definitely would have wondered would our paths still cross? I got accepted to Hampton University actually and you know Hunter College.  I think they would have actually if I had been accepted to that college, successful, attended, and if we began spending time back then it probably would have happened. So many things I remember about him, I try to forget but its not easy with reminders all of the time. Plus not just that but it just reminds me the first time we were close together, intimate moments, and how I just felt like wearing and buying that t-shirt may have been the best purchase ever.  Funny how something so simple as a t-shirt can have an impact on your memory and heart. I am going to tell you the t-shirt I still have and will probably wear it again when I see this man again. Packing it away and excited to slip it on.  It makes me feel good knowing hey I was with a man who was one of the students who was the head of his class.
            He has accomplished and reached his goals, when I think of some of those days and nights seeing him work relentlessly, or him texting me telling me he was editing or he was working to accomplish a goal, I admire him, I never said a word at all I wasn’t surprised he would accomplish those things at all. He’s driven and has a way of going after whatever he truly desires.  That T-shirt has given me a reason to keep it a little longer.  Included a couple songs about "T-Shirts" thought it would be funny lol...=)

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...