Wednesday, September 9, 2015

"In those jeans"....



I just went to Strawberry one of my favorite stores, I was rushing like crazy it was an emergency actually but I really needed to change my clothes at the time. This was recently a couple weeks ago back in August. Now while I was changing my clothes inside the fitting room in 
Yep I'm pear shaped 
the Midtown Strawberry ,  I found this cute top, grabbed some jeans on sale for like $16.99 in my size and they fit me like a glove, they were long enough, and they weren’t any fancy designer jeans. I have bought a pair of those actually. I remember buying a pair of $57.00 Baby Phat jeans with the money I used from working at a law firm. I felt so proud back then to be making money and buying things I can afford on my own. Now back to the jeans. These jeans fit me like a glove, every curve, I have 40 inch hips yes your girls not a “petite one”. Lol I am 5 foot 7 inches tall but yes I have hips and curves thankfully to my mom, grandma Carlene, and genetics. Lol so jeans make a woman feel proud, courageous, sexy, daring, in charge, and most of all confident. She can dress her jeans down and be casual, she can look sporty, she can look girly and feminine, or hot and  sexy, or stylish and sophisticated. Jeans and denim washes come in all different shades of blue from a light sky blue wash to a deep indigo blue. The jeans can have studs, rhinestones, diamonds, glitter, sparkles, come in all different colors, and more.
I have jeans by many different brands from all over but one pair of jeans. I have probably had over 30 pairs of jeans I believe.  I think of every pair I have ever worn, may have created shorts with them or capris. I have figured out a way to get creative with them all of the time. The best pair of jeans for me are the ones I feel curvy in them. Now I am tall especially in my heels that will boost me to 5’11” or six feet. So for me if I need a long jean or a boot cut jean it needs to cover 4 areas for me my hips, my thighs, my behind, and my legs. I need jeans that will have some spandex. I need a pair that will accentuate every part of me. A pair of jeans that I feel comfortable with at all times and I don’t go over my budget. The most I would ever spend shopping on a pair probably $150.00. if they are worth it that’s how much I would spend. The least I have spent is $10.00. yes I have bought 10 dollar jeans and at the time they were tight and fit me like a glove but didn’t cover my ankles the way I like though. I think another favorite pair has to be these jeans I bought from Charlotte Russe the curvy cut I probably got them for 25 dollars at the mall but loved how they made  me feel completely comfortable owning my femininity and embracing my womanhood. I love jeans that say “Yes I am a female, I have curves, and I own it”.  Those I still have too…now the last pair of jeans I would consider lucky.
I bought these jeans at Xoxo a long time ago I don’t know how I remembered these jeans but its funny how memories come back to you sometimes. I was about 16 I loved these jeans I don’t know what happened they may have become too tight and outgrew them. They were a lightwash, with rhinestones, red, pink, and clear. With a rose stitched on them. I fell in love with those jeans and wearing those jeans too. I met a couple of guys in those jeans, kissed them, and they became my lucky jeans. Every time I wore them something fantastic happened. Lol! I promise you. That’s how you want to feel when you wear your jeans that something amazing will happen to you that day and night. You may receive compliments, you may get a great lunch, dinner, go out and party with your girlfriends, or may get lucky and the jeans can come off lol! But either way every woman deserves to have a pair of jeans no matter what shape or size that fits her like a glove to a  perfect “t”. I suggest
1.     A Tailor
2.     A measuring tape
3.     Knowing your body and what works for you
4.     Your favorite wash of jeans from light to dark (HINT: Dark washes always look great especially in the evening).
5.     Know your budget
6.     Know your body shape and type
7.     Remember the store
8.     Ask for jeans that will fit you by height and width
9.     Bring a pair of heels and flats or try on at home
10. Make sure you remember where you got them in case you need a replacement.
Now when you find your perfect jeans go ahead and show them what you’re working with and take plenty of photos. Own it and treasure the moment. Jeans and styles change but the materials stay the same. So find your jean when you can right away.
TAKE PHOTOS OF ME IN MY FAVORITE JEANS, HEELS. THEN ADD PHOTOS OF OTHER LADIES IN THEIR JEANS.
Top Brands More Expensive Brands….
1.     7 Jeans
2.     Calvin Klein Jeans
3.     Baby Phat –love this brand have some jeans that fit me like a glove loved them.
4.     True Religion 
Yeah we know she's a curvy girl always a challenge to find the right jean for us..lol but take your measurements trust me.

Three of my favorite people are pear shapes lol and proud J-Lo, Beyonce, and Kelly Clarkson 

I am a pear shape and proud lol...so to all my fellow pears, petites,curvy, apples, rulers, boyish and hourglass shaped people  find the jeans for you!!!!

Embace your size ladies no matter what and have fun in your jeans...!!!!
 Having some trouble finding the original video to this song "In those jeans" (2003) from his "The Senior" album  by Ginuwine but I believe you all get the point I was making about being comfortable in your skin and your jeans...lol!


No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...