Saturday, October 3, 2015

"Alicia Keys is back with new album on the way coming in 2016 and spokeswoman for Levi's jeans"


Performing this past summer (2015)
Swizz & A. Keys at the "Art off the wall" event this past summer.
Alicia with her newborn son Genesis, Egypt, Swizz Beats oldest son, and husband


From the Levi's campaign for women 



Performing her single "The Gospel" at the Blitz 

Told you I saw her twice lol!!! Well this is the second time at the Radio One Blitz event back in August of 2015 at Stage 48 in New York, NY

This was right before I headed inside to see the Swizz Beats and bringing Alicia as a surprise July 2015
Alicia Keys is back with a whole new look, brand new album, perspective after 3 years from her last album, “ that took off like a rocket with songs like “New Day”, “Girl on Fire” which has become a powerful anthem for young women and girls everywhere, and “Fire we make”.  She is now the one of the spokeswomen teaming up with Levi’s and sporting their 7/11 women’s jeans which I plan to wear. I have had the incredible privilege believe it’s a blessing watching one of your favorite celebrities really grow up before your eyes and just continue to put out album after album with pure strength, love, creativity, and never letting it slow them down, deter them, or even affecting their personality. She is genuinely one of the nicest people I have had the privilege of seeing and meeting. I call her my big sister in my head lol she and my other big sister, (Beyonce) lol are just five years older than me. So we’re right around the same age bracket and grew up in the eighties. Now with Alicia it’s different because I have seen her more in person than I have Beyonce. I have seen Beyonce in concert but never close up where I can steal a picture with her. Alicia I have seen her six times actually. I enjoy writing about her as well because it’s the easiest, it’s natural, and I can just pick right up where I left off with her career, life, and journey. So with her campaign for Levi’s I love how they have an African American woman on the cover, it showcases how Levi’s embraces women of all shapes and sizes. Also with her campaign it’s too fly of course, they shot it in downtown Manhattan in the meatpacking district it looks like. Of course with Keys being born and bred in Manhattan it reflects her history and her as a true New Yorker growing up here.  So I will tell you a little story before I go on to discuss her latest projects and what Mrs. Dean has been up to as well.  I saw Alicia Keys the first time at a recording studio I had just turned 21 and she just released  “As I Am” she was sitting doing an interview with now Power 105.1’s back then it was Hot 97 Angie Martinez and I couldn’t believe it. I was invited by my stepfather actually at the time. I froze nervous as hell I know I should have requested a photo but didn’t realize a few years later I would see her again. I saw her live in concert twice actually. “The Ladies First Tour” (2004) and at Radio City Music hall I had to do a concert critique and then seeing her again in person while I was working for Black Enterprise Magazine in October of 2011.  I saw her come in wearing the baddest panted leather black Christian Louboutin pumps I believe. She looked sweet and so fly actually and I just politely said hello. I was extremely nervous that day and didn’t want to mess up one bit. Seeing her in person was the greatest blessing ever. I just saw her again this summer but twice! Lucky girl I am believe me it’s like damn wow the closer I am getting I feel like I may meet this lady again in person one day. I saw her this summer twice first at the Brooklyn Museum where her husband performed for the Art and Beats show I believe. Then I saw her again at the Blitz 2015 performing for Radio One. I haven’t seen her perform live in a long time but I have no doubt I most certainly will. I think she’s taking some time off to enjoy her beautiful family right now. Alicia is a mother of two now to Egypt her first son now 4 years old and her youngest son, Genesis who was born in December of 2014. Talk about a blessing would love to see her have one little girl. You never know who would take after their mother. She’s an incredible artist and just a down to earth person at the Blitz she actually told us to shut the (beep) up! I thought it was hilarious she had me crying laughing. I couldn’t believe it cause you see this classy, sophisticated, and strong woman always when she is in interviews or doing live performances. I think Swizz is bringing out the aggressive New Yorker in her now. That was to funny.  That’s one thing I love about her and Beyonce honestly I just realized if it weren’t for them when I look back on my twenties, my teenage years, and now that I will be coming into my thirties it is a blessing to have had women like Alicia and her who are strong, empowering, and really show a great example for young women around the world. Sometimes we don’t realize the impact and it’s major believe me.  If it weren’t for songs that she wrote like “Women’s Worth”, “Girl on Fire”,  “Superwoman”, and so many others I think I probably wouldn’t have really learned the power to believe you have to value every inch of yourself from the inside outside completely. The women in my family like my mother, my two grandmothers, and great grandmother may have set the foundation on how to behave like a lady and woman but these women taught me how I should think and feel about myself completely. How I should be treated with their songs and lyrics. I think with that you want your daughters, sisters, cousins, nieces, and friends to aspire to that now. The image of women has changed vastly in this generation. Its great to know that we still have some positive role models who are beautiful, multi-talented, thoughtful people, and genuinely care about the world around them and want to give back completely. So with that I think that’s what her next album you will probably see a lot more growth on her next album cause she’s been through a lot these past four years since “Girl on Fire”. I can only imagine what she has in store next year.  I hope it will be wonderful and full of a positive journey and some feel good music. I would love to see Alicia take us back to the Songs in A Minor days. Where she put out hit after hit when she first came out. So let’s see….for more information on the lovely “A.Keys” visit http://www.aliciakeys.com and for more information regarding Levi’s and where to get your 7/11 jeans cause I will be getting mine and you will see for yourself very soon. Visit http://www.levis.com

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...