Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Don't let him make you second choice...because you are 1st always remember


 

 I am reflecting thinking about all of the men I have dated casually, had brief relationships with, or whatever the case may be.  I started dating at 16 years old I remember being so excited that was the age requirement in my house which isn’t bad. The youngest I ever dated 18 and the oldest 32. I am starting to realize was I never first choice in these persons lives. They always chose their careers, something else, or someone else probably.  I feel like lately I am looking dead in the mirror at myself and finally mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually I see everything my strengths,of course flaws,  I also see my faults, my mistakes,the past the future, and perhaps even what needs to still be fixed. I feel a sense of pride and excitement about the future. Yet the past keeps reminding me of all the mistakes I made and keeps gut punching me like yes this is why it is this way. Why is it for me in my career it has always managed to be pretty decent even though I am not doing what I truly want to do yet professionally. Yes I blog and I have many opportunities in my field in the entertainment, music, or magazine industry over the last four years.

Absolutely true
So true who wrote this quote
 
 My love life has never been as strong as my career has though. My friendships have been stronger than my love life. My family bonds have been stronger but why is it my love life never thrived and picked up how it should have. I often wonder did I not love these people enough, did I not give enough, or was it just the simple fact I needed to learn how to balance the whole pie first. In our lives I learned this in my health class back in
college we have 10 slices of pie let’s say it is called the 10 dimensions of wellness. The 10 dimensions of wellness are:  social, mental, physical, emotional, intellectual, occupational, environmental, financial, sexual,and multicultural wellness. The reason why I mention this is because I feel strongly there must be something off if I cannot seem to get what I always wanted and strive for as well. So I feel like perhaps I need to start considering I need to be first choice. Ladies be first choice in your life first. I think sometimes we get caught up in others too. We forget our own at times, or maybe there’s an area we often neglect where there is a huge void. I am starting to feel that now. So I suggest maybe it’s time to be like the men. Maybe it’s time to put our dreams and everything as first choice and put love, dating, and relationships on hold now. I am not suggesting for everyone because you may be satisfied and happy now. I am suggesting this to people who neglect their instincts and that “little voice” inside their head. Sometimes we need to pay attention to the signs and realize what is best for us too. Don't let him ignore you or make you feel the feeling that you are not valuable or a precious commodity. You are a human being with a life too and deserve to be adored, treated with respect, valued, appreciated, and deserve that 100 percent never settle for less. Know what you are worth and not to go by anyone else but only  what is truly best for you. I have had that feeling lately meeting some new people and looking at possibilities and looking at the past too. It made me think do I want to play the sidekick or the opening act instead of the main event in someone's life. I am not saying being the center of their world cause a person shouldn't be the center of your everything but you should make them a priority too. I added a song "Worth It" by Fifth Harmony ft. Kid Ink  for you all because yes you are worth it.

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...