Monday, October 19, 2015

“Happy Birthday! Inside the World of Honey Brown Sugar Blog turns 7”-October 21st, 2015


Happy Birthday to you blog!!!!! We have made it nearly 100,000 pageviews and going strong. I know my readers we cannot be in love with something that is intangible and does not have a soul, mind, or heart. However, this is something I have loved doing and you know what apparently you can love something as long as it has made you smile and happy. I am proud to announce that my blog is turning 7 years old. Yes I started my blog on October 21st, 2008 when I was in my junior year at Hunter College. I was taking a Basic Reporting class and I remember my professor vividly telling us all in the class you will have to sign up for Google.com, create an account, then next sign up for Blogger.com and then the next thing she told us each of you needs to decide what topics you will discuss in your blog. From that moment I knew instantly I know what I have to discuss. The topics I am passionate about the most. It started off with music and entertainment at first. I did my first blog post on Beyonce’s 2008 two- sided  cd her second album, “I am…Sasha Fierce” and how she influenced so many women with being strong, confident, and empowered. From that moment on I started discussing everything happening around music but then it expanded. I started discussing my life too and then it just kept growing, the topics grew, but I always tried to focus on entertainment: books, music, television series, political, and social issues. I even tried to discuss body image issues for my female younger audience that’s one that’s really important to me. I want to see young ladies know they can truly be themselves and comfortable no matter whom they are or where they come from too. I try to target the age group of the (18-50) crowd. My blog is probably read by teenagers, young adults, and possibly senior citizens as well. So for me it doesn’t really matter who is reading as long as you support my blog and come along the journey with me.

As time has progressed I kept changing topics and went into fashion and just kept growing with it. I cover major designers. If you have seen some of my posts I talk about major fashion designers I have discussed Christian Louboutin and Chloe as well. After a while I noticed my numbers going up and up I went from 13 followers at first and then it went to 500 page views and then after seven years we are at nearly 100,000 page views now. I am praying for over a million and more. I have grown with the blog and really learned the trick of how to engage your reader. Firstly, be honest, speak your mind, speak from all experience, and most importantly discuss topics that are relatable. There’s no judgment in my blog, the only time to judge is making it look professional and grammatically correct. I still aspire to be a journalist and writer. So I have to make sure all of my facts are correct and if they aren’t it’s easy for me to fix and edit right away. I have had so much fun doing this blog and it can only grow and become a beautiful garden full of topics to discuss from here. I have discussed how I was born premature, how premature babies mean a lot to me, how to be healthy, I discuss popular bakeries and restaurants celebrities dine and order from, the news  how it affects us throughout the year, the highs and lows of the year.  I discuss the most popular stories we all talk about at the water cooler. I even discussed a lot of my personal life as well.

 It has helped me show the world that yes I have a voice. I have always had one I just had to figure out my angle and how to use it. For me it has allowed me to come up with so many ideas, visit places, travel, and promote everyone and anything I love and enjoy as well. So to have my blog I am so grateful seriously it is hard to break into the industry without knowing people off hand. I am fortunate I know some people now compared to seven years ago when I first started out. I was 21 when I found my blog and it really has grown with me a lot because I knew I couldn’t talk about partying in college forever right. Even though there’s a lot I can do with that I would just flip it. 5 years have passed since I graduated so now I would say how to make sure you don't burn yourself out in college. That way you look great when you graduate too. I am thankful to Professor Karen Hunter, who’s a journalist as a well thank you a million times.  She's has written many books that I have posted about via social media and read as well. Professor Hunter told me  to channel your inner “Sasha Fierce” and believe I found her and she’s here. I have found my voice and apparently I have some people who like it too. So Happy Birthday my blog, you are truly my first baby I am so proud of us look at how much we have grown together. Nearly 100,000 page views, the stories and ideas keep on rolling. I applied and even considered advertising with Google for "ad sense" you may have seen it if you are a writer too. Google who controls Blogger even replied to me to let me know I had to make some changes if I ever wanted to consider earning profit. I didn’t protest or even fight an appeal I just decided let me continue doing it for free until I write my next blogs if I do decide to build my own personal website one day. =) So love to all of you every person I promote, every topic I discuss it is purely out of love and straight from the heart and hard work but that I enjoy. Most of all my readers you are all apart of me, whether if you know me personally, you know how much I put my heart and efforts in to this, and those who may just be a stranger, or acquaintance you're apart of the HBS crew too. so hugs, smooches, bacios, and besos. Chloe J. Riccardo aka "Honey Brown Sugar"! To the next 7 years and beyond...there's more to discuss always.







 

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...