Tuesday, April 5, 2016

10th Anniversary from "B'day" to "Formation"



2016-April 14, 2016 Ivy Park debuts


Performing not only once but twice at the Superbowl 2016
 
2006-Winning VMA Award
 
 

 
2006-B'Day sophomore album
 
Beyoncé 2013

 
2003-the debut album

 
2016
 
Mommy and Blue Ivy time celebrating 4th bday

 
 
One of the famous power couples Jay &  Bey


 Yes a lot can happen in a decade, hairstyles change, clothing changes, music, technology, and businesses too.  I know I am not the same person I was 10 years ago.  Now my readers I wonder how does a pop star change? How does a southern Texas little girl become a global superstar in a matter of two decades? I will explain to you how and then how she becomes a massive household name and can multitask like it is effortless. I remember in 2006, Beyonce released her sophomore album, “B’day”… I remember when her album was released I was in college at that time. I was about to start working for my college newspaper, “The Torch” (at Bergen Community College I was completing my associate’s degree in Journalism as a staff writer). I had just completed my very first article I wrote my first article about another R&B/Pop artist, Monica who I have loved since a child.  I had just met in her person actually I was at a listening party for her album, "The Makings of Me". She autographed a picture for me one of my big prize possessions. So 2006 was a big year for me. Also for this lady as well...

So when another one of my favorite R&B divas was coming out with oh a little project called, “B’Day” (she released it on Beyonce’s 25th birthday September 4, 2006) when it came out believe me I didn’t realize this album would become the soundtrack of my life and so many college girls and twenty-somethings too. Her songs like “Déjà vu”, “Upgrade You”, “Get me bodied”, “Ring the Alarm”, “Freak’um Dress” (everyone got one!lol), and “Irreplaceable” (sang this song ironically to one of my exes)  were songs you can dance to, reflect on, you were empowered, and so much more. Her album is one I remember I still listen to it this day and I see the major growth from how she has matured from a twenty-something woman. I remember hearing how she was so nervous and shy to go solo. She was afraid to take that step. One thing I know for sure is sometimes surpassing your own fear can make you do some life-changing and great things. Her career was taking off and she had just come out with a clothing line “Dereon” and “House of Dereon” with her mother, Tina Knowles. I remember I bought so many clothes.

When I look at her first single, “Formation” I take it by three definitions of her song. I take the first definition of her forming into the artist and the woman she has become. A lot can happen in change in 10 years. From the time she was 25 in 2006 until now she has evolved completely. She has completely changed with five other albums (“I am…Sasha Fierce” (2008), “4” (2011), “Beyonce” (2013), and many Remix, movie soundtracks, and mixtape albums, under her belt her sixth  LP album you are guaranteed to see major change. She combined so much from funk, soul, ballads, R&B, rock elements, and jazz into her music. I would love to see Beyonce to a major collaboration with more older artists. A match-up between her and maybe Tina Turner, Patti Labelle, Aretha Franklin, even Mariah Carey. As far as male artists I would love for Beyonce to do a funk hit with Earth, Wind, and Fire if possible. Or maybe a duet with someone like Maxwell or Trey Songz. The next definition for me you forming a line to show and strut your stuff to dance. The last definition of formation  how Beyonce came to be completely how she has formed herself and transformed herself into the pop & R&B superstar.
Two clothing lines under her belt: House of Dereon and now her athleisure clothing line “Ivy Park” inspired by her favorite park she loves to run and workout at in her hometown of Houston, Texas and her 4-year-old daughter, Blue Ivy the clothing which debuts on April 14, 2016 and hits Nordstrom Department stores.

                Now with many worldwide tours under her belt remember just two years ago she completed a four month tour worldwide with her husband, Jay-Z  for the “On The Run” tour and HBO special. Now she will go on tour again for Formation. Tell me how does this woman do it all? At the very same time she can maintain professionalism and remains to be extremely sweet, humble, and gracious to her fans, her team, and staff who are behind her completely since she first started.  I remember reading how she was so nervous about going solo. She was afraid to stand alone without her band members and other people. I wonder what would she tell herself 10 years ago after the success of “B’Day” she would probably say “Girl, you don’t know what you’re in for but it’s going to be a lot of fun ahead”.  Get ready though Beyhive the Queen Bey strikes back with a new album this summer 2016. For more information on her clothing line visit http://www.ivypark.com and http://www.nordstrom.com

1 comment:

Lily said...

Your article is extremely useful.Everyday your diary inspire ME nice deal} and helped to develop one thing new like I actually have developed a replacement app spotify to mp3
: this is often great and pleasurable.Thanks for the awing posts , please keep updated often.

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...