Friday, April 15, 2016

Grab your mama take her to go see "Mother's Day" debuts April 29,2016


 
I have a big confession my readers I am a huge Julia Roberts fan. If I had to sit in a room with all of my favorite actresses, have a beautiful lunch and buffet spread at one of my favorite restaurants in New York, California, or anywhere. I would choose to sit in a room with Julia Roberts, Halle Berry, Kate Hudson, Reese Witherspoon, Charlize Theron, Sandra Bullock, Anne Hathaway and a whole slew  of many actresses I can go on but Julia she’s up there. I would sit in the room and we would discuss life, how they have changed as the screen goddesses, become mothers, how they have changed in the film business themselves, their favorite things to do when not on set filming, issues that matter to them,  the red carpet how they manage the press, and where they see the film industry going in the remainder of the 21st century globally.





I cannot believe how many movies of hers I have actually seen.   I love her versatility how she can transform into a character right away and become someone else. That’s what all actor/actresses do but there’s the physical process, the mental process, memorizing lines, scripts, developing a character. There’s a way to become a character vs. a real life human being. I have seen Julia become both remember her films, “Mystic Pizza” (1988), “Steel Magnolias” (1989), “Pretty Woman” (1990) “My Best Friend’s Wedding” (1997),”Stepmom” (1999), “The Pelican Brief”, “Runaway Bride” (1999), "Erin Brockovich" (2000) which she won a Golden Globe award for her performance as lawyer Erin Brockovich,“ Eat Pray Love” (2010), “Ocean’s Eleven series 1-3 (2004-2007), “Closer” (2005),Valentine’s Day (2010), and this time she teams up again with Garry Marshall her director in Pretty Woman again for Mother’s Day.  Julia will also be starring again with George Clooney in “Money Monster” playing another television producer when the show goes completely out of whack and wrong  All of these films you see her transform into this strong heroine. Now she will play Miranda a talk show host who is also a mother. The film is similar to Valentine’s Day focusing on multiple characters at one time throughout the period of Mother’s Day.




The film will also star Jennifer Aniston as “Sandy”: ( “Good Girl”, “Cake”,  “Friends” (1994-2004), Bruce Almighty”, “Horrible Bosses 1 and 2” ),   Kate Hudson (“How to lose a guy in 10 days”, “Almost Famous”, “Something Borrowed”, “Bride Wars”, “Nine”, and “Kungfu Panda”)  as “Jesse” , Timothy Olyphant, Jason Sudeikis, Hector Elizondo, Britt Robertson, and Jon Lovitz. So who doesn’t want to go take their mother, aunt, sisters, friends, grandmother, or great grandmother if you’re lucky to this good hearted film. I hope you will “Mother’s Day” comes out on April 29, 2016-Friday.  





 

My mom, Gina (the film buff) and grandma Shirley



Me and my grandmother last year by the National Harbor in Maryland

My grandma Shirley age 17
A very special shout out to “my film buff”, my former hairstylist, my friend, sister, the chef she makes the best fried chicken, macaroni & cheese, pineapple upside down cake, sweet potato pies, collard greens, baked beans, and ribs! (she is I swear my mother can predict any ending to any movie when we go together lol!)  my mother, Gina Renee Golden, for nearly thirty years, she who like all mothers where so many hats these days to survive in this busy changing and tough world she’s an account executive, business woman, and more. My grandmother Shirley “my favorite” model she 5’8” feisty when she wants to be, she is the one who pushed for me to get involved with President Obama’s election in 2012 and has inspired me to go on with Hillary’s for 2016, always believed I would be a well known writer (hmmm…how did she know?) ,she makes great catfish nuggets (It’s something they love in St. Louis my great-grandmother, Margie made them too), and she’s a handywoman she’s taught me a lot about taking care of problems at home. So to all the mothers who I know god bless and I hope you will cherish, embrace, celebrate your day.

 

My mommy lol!!!! "Goldenlady"

My great grandmother you all have seen stories about her before and my mom this was from my high school graduation old photo (2004)
For more information about the film visit http://www.seemothersday.com and http://www.aboutjulia.com     

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...