Wednesday, March 1, 2017

20th Anniversary of Love Jones-




I was very young when this film came out I was actually 10 going on 11.  Now when I saw it as a teenager I thought I want to be Nina Mosley (played by one of my big sisters in my head, Nia Long) if she were my sister we would have a ball believe me. What drove me not only the love story between her and Darius Lovehall (played by Larenz Tate) it was their natural chemistry, their connection, their passion for spoken word, and also the fact they can connect on an intellectual level and more too. Despite the obstacles and challenges they faced in their relationship. They still found a way to connect and find out they really were destined to be together in the end as well. My favorite scene probably the montage of them when they are running through the park Darius gives Nina a piggy back ride, them dancing together learning how to step, and probably the last scene when they reunite again love when he says “Let’s get out of this rain” lol cause sorry every girl knows I have got to get out of this rain right away or any precipitation lol). I love that people still love and celebrate the film. It was honored at the American Black Film Festival this year, the cast united on stage with the film’s director, and artists who were featured on the film’s soundtrack. I loved the soundtrack actually it made me appreciate music by Duke Ellington too there was something about the music, the film, characters, and costumes it fit that time frame, and everything actually. Sometimes some films and cast don’t realize how much of an impact they will have on their public audience. You inspire them to want to have a relationship just as the characters in the movie.
Congratulations to the cast all of them are doing amazing special shout out to Bill Bellamy, Isaiah Washington, Nia Long, Larenz Tate, Lisa Nicole Carson, and everyone who had a major or small part in the film. The film was so successful there was also a play adapted from the movie’s screenplay as well. Did very successful as well so keep it up cannot wait to see what next love story will captivate audiences yet. 

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...