Saturday, August 12, 2017

Honey Brown Sugar’s Hottest Beauty Products of 2017”


I have always loved going to the beauty supply stores as a little girl. Loved shopping for nail polish, hair care products make up, lip-glosses, and I even love seeing their jewelry display even now too. I love anything that will make my skin and hair feel healthier, beautiful, and put it into a great state. Blame my mom dragging me all over the country and taking me to many beauty supply stores.




Carol's Daughter beauty products can be found in your local shopping malls and in Harlem at her main store in New York City visit http://www.carolsdaughter.com 

My little life savers to the rescue "Cetaphil" the best lightweight unscented product for sensitive skin 

Found this one last Christmas 2016 and it has become a favorite in my household now and they are very affordable and leave you with a beautiful glow.  Kiehl's Creme de Corps 

Love this one you can find in Walgreens, Duane Reade, CVS, and on their website http://www.soapandglory.com all under $20 dollars. 


You learn early what works for you as an African American woman or any woman of color. What appeals to you and what your body needs. That’s one thing about being a woman, being a person too; it’s funny what your body tells you that you need sometimes without us forgetting. It may say hey I need some conditioning and treatment for my scalp, I need something to get rid of these guys called dandruff, or it may say I need something for healthier growth. Or what about a new looks and changes too. I think going to a beauty supply store for most girls it may seem mundane but you actually are stepping into a whole different world. I didn’t realize until as I have become older doing my own hair, manicures, and pedicures as a teenager and young adult, how much science, chemistry, biology, and health all of these combine together for a better way for results for your hair and skin products too.
Over the years I have experimented with many hairstyles probably over 20-30 different hairstyles or so. I have experimented with different beauty solutions and products too. I used to have thick eyebrows I still do but they are more groomed and well kept now. I remember putting Vaseline on my eyebrows as a little girl I was probably seven or eight. Now I may have looked shiny when I did this but actually I was on to something. As we age and get older, our cells dry up a lot, our skin, we need constant moisture and hydration. At that time as a little girl actually putting Vaseline on them wasn’t a terrible thing but in moderation actually. Your skin can develop dandruff on your scalp and yes in your eyebrows! It is possible you will have dandruff scales shedding because of new growth and cells rapidly growing.  So here’s one tip after you put your moisturizer on and if you notice just a little dandruff it doesn’t hurt to put some Vaseline or Petroleum Jelly on your brows to keep them healthy and they add a nice youthful shine and glow. I recommend this during cold and bitter months when your skin is drying as well.
            One product I swear by to this day is Cetaphil I know it’s not new but this is one of the beauty staples every girl needs in their make up bag or at home. I cannot live without it at all. I have been using this since I was in high school I would probably say since I was about fourteen I have been using it. I swear by it because you feel amazing with it. It is lightweight, clear, unscented, and it’s great for sensitive skin and for babies too. I love that there’s no fragrance at all. Depending on the version of cleanser by Cetaphil you pick. You will notice not a change but maybe just a slight floral scent. I love using it first thing in the morning and definitely when I need to remove my make up too. It is great for that both the facial soap and facial moisturizers are light weight no fragrance and my skin feels like it did in high school.  I constantly used Cetaphil and Neutrogena Sensitive Skin with SPF 15 were my go to products. Doing my homework from a lot of magazines like Cosmopolitan, Seventeen, Allure, Marie Claire, Vogue, and Elle that pays off when you are shopping for the right thing for you.

            The other product I love and adore would be a Simple Clean product I started using them probably 6 years ago. They are still fairly new actually but I remember seeing them in the aisle and their commercials too. I love this one for not having any fragrance they stick to simple and very clean ingredients: aloe vera, cucumber and very light ingredients. You won’t find anything sweet or floral scents for your face. They are another great product to use when you have dry and sensitive skin too. I love their products also contain SPF 15 in them which I swear by. Ladies SPF is your best friend I don’t care what anyone says to you. Please don’t use Iodine and Baby Oil when you go tanning you are going to come back like a skinned piece of crispy chicken.  Not flattering at all and you need Sunscreen the more you apply the better I believe, moderation with time I think an hour-two hours is really all that you need.  Anything above and we are talking tomato burnt colored skin. So with that don’t be afraid to use it generously every single day too. It doesn’t matter the season your skin is the everything it’s holding all of you in every day so treat it with tender, love, and care every day. It will show some amazing results later too.
            For more information on these two products Cetaphil visit http://www.cetaphil.com and http://www.simpleskincare.com

2) Kiehl’s they have amazing products and I just started using them last Christmas I was out shopping at Saks Fifth Avenue at Brookfield Place for my mother’s Christmas present and I thought ok I think she would be comfortable using their products, they have a great high quality, and they have products that appeal to both women and men. I found a product that became my best friend in 2 minutes. The handsome salesman didn’t have to sell me at all. I remember asking him about men’s products he told me that they had them. I wanted to see in case I thought of buying something for my boyfriend at the time or my stepbrothers and stepfather or my dad. So they can preserve and take care of their skin too. The salesman introduced me to “Crème de Corps” body products I fell in love with the body butter! I love it and it’s amazing you feel like a piece of butter loaf cake or pound cake. It’s amazing and I swear I will be back to buy more the body butter contains shea butter and soymilk. It leaves you smelling sweet this is a product good for date night, it’s a great moisturizer, and it lingers. It’s also great for a good glow on your skin too.  All of these products are under the $50 dollar range! You will not be spending anything more than 100 I promise you. It’s worth the investment and believe me you see great results in your skin too. Visit http://www.kiehls.com find them inside of Saks Fifth Avenue and many different department stores.

3) Soap and Glory Beauty Products- Last winter the same time I am watching the Walgreens commercial the one where the woman and her co worker buy each other the same Christmas gift and want to keep it for themselves. I promise you it sold everyone around the world. I agree because when I looked online at every Walgreens store that December it was sold out! Talk about great marketing and advertising it was sold right away and people were buying like crazy. I started using their products this spring and I love them. At first I fell in love with the retro pin up models I love retro and old-fashioned items and of course pink! Love the color and adore the packaging, next when I tried it I fell in love with the scent and smells of vanilla cream, citrus, sugar, and just really good fresh scents. I want to buy all of the products and I probably will very soon. Soap and Glory’s beauty products are definitely worth it for the cost and what they can do to enhance women's beauty and skin. All of these products are under 30 dollars actually. They are really affordable; they come in travel size (and we know I love to travel so I need travel size in my life). Also they are really great and affordable.   They have been around since 2006 and have become a major brand now going global in the United States, Canada, and all over women cannot get enough of the “pink bottled and wrapped stuff”. I personally love them so far it’s not too heavy with the fragrance; it’s sweet, creamy and keeps your skin moisturized all day long.  So for more information on Soap & Glory beauty products visit http://www.soapandglory.com

4) Last but certainly not least would be Carol’s Daughter I am sure many women have heard about these products and are huge fans. I have tried the famous Almond Sugar Cookie products and have had some great results with it too. It keeps your skin moisturized all day long, you have that same healthy young glow. Lisa the owner of Carol’s daughter started right in her home and every product has taken off like a rocket and has been purchased. The new fragrances that are pretty popular now are Black Vanilla, Mimosa Honey, Mirabelle Plum (love that name), Vanilla Marshmallow, and Pomegranate Rose. All of her fragrances and products you can find on her website at http://www.carolsdaughter.com


 I hope you all enjoy these products just something for you handsome and beautiful readers  to keep looking, staying healthy, and fly. It's good to be back in action with you all I have so much more to share stay tuned....for more. 
           
            

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...