Wednesday, October 11, 2017

9 Years of HBS Blog We made it another year


You know I always commemorate and celebrate my blog's birthday it's actually (October 21st) but I couldn't help but wait lol.... because this means so much you all don't see how I am behind the scenes coming up with stories. I am either watching many different shows, online videos, reading, paying crucial attention to how people change their clothes, their hair, all of the popular things happening. I remember from my basi
c reporting class these top things: Prominence, Timeliness, Controversy, Read-Worthiness, anything that will get people's attention. You will be surprised sometimes the best stories are not made up...they just happen actually. 

 It's a job but I love how this "digital gift" came into my life when I needed an outlet. I don't even consider it a job anymore. I consider it to be a "passion project".  I needed to learn more about promotion, how to get not only my writing voice out there but I needed to discuss things that we all have on our minds too. I knew about promotions from attending many radio promotions and music promotions with my parents. Yet I had to tweak and really learn the art of promoting and selling yourself and someone else's brand. 

Many of you probably don't know that I was a staff writer I was  young when it happened and I was thrilled to write for my college newspaper but at the same time I didn't realize I was developing a brand for myself. I was 19 when I started writing for my school newspaper, The Torch which I did for a year until I graduated. That was my training I learned how to interview people and how to get my stories out there. I will never forget the day I made the front of the paper. It meant that you would paid a bonus whenever you made the front of the paper. I loved every time I was published whether it was in front of wherever just to be making my dream come true. Kept me going I told my 4th grade teacher "When I grow up I want to be a writer and an actress". (She thought I was a great writer and a good puppeteer I used to put on puppet shows as a kid I will discuss that later). Anyway though to grow into a writer it takes work and creativity. We often work alone which is something  one of my Mass Media & Communications professors warned me. He and I were both only children(I am from my mom but I have a big brother too ). Yes we are alone at times but we learn to become our own best friend and what makes us happy, what gives us a jolt to write something. Sometimes you do experience writers block too it happened to me in college it was a crazy feeling but that does happen too. So when you write I channel the 5 senses....taste, touch, sight, sound, and hearing. You need to be descriptive to the T, videos help a lot these days, and photos you can be really detailed. So with all of social media advancements writers we have it really good these days. You can get the interview, take photos, and video and you're really good. You have more tools and skills to make a fantastic killer interview or blog post, or newspaper/magazine article. 

  I was learning what it takes to make someone's business more popular and successful whether it is food, clothing, books, music, a new cd, a restaurant,  or television and films coming out  to get out there right away. 

I still love it and I love how my blog gets to grow with me as I mature, grow up, and head into the decade of my 30's I have been writing since I was 21 and I will be 31 in November. So you will hear me talking about more topics that are grown up,  more things that adults discuss and what happens along my journey in my career, my personal life, and my friendships too. Also you are going to see the blog evolve. Ever since I first developed the blog it made me realize you have some stories to tell why not consider a biography, or books about my life, my family, children's books, and a lot of fun different topics. It also keeps me focused and aware of the change that is happening around us too. I am planning to join up with SquareSpace to create my own website where the blog can be featured there, and working on my books too. So there's a lot happening right now you all have to stay tuned. As I always say "There's so much more to share" believe me....lol! 


Thank you to all of my readers for all of your support you rock!!!!! Love you =) 9 years now wait until next year will be EPIC!!!!! LOL ☺❤xoxo Bacios Besos Kisses Hugs and Thank you for keeping me going to write.-Chloe Riccardo aka "Honey Brown Sugar"
Make sure you follow me on  Facebook @facebook.com/honeybrownsugar, Twitter @honeybfly6, and Instagram @chloejewelriccardo  I rejoined this summer and very happy to get my passion project out there even more. There's so much now for me to discuss my hands are going to be on overdrive. 

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...