Sunday, January 19, 2020

The Photograph Valentine's Day 2020


True Confession I am sure some of you are already know this who have been reading my blog for the almost 12 years (yes my blog it will be 12 years old we’re hitting double digits and I am so proud to have so many amazing books, movies, television series, fashion, beauty products, and my life to share with you all). I am a hopeless romantic. I am lucky one I live in one of the most romantic places to be romantic…New York City. A city and state that has filmed some of the most romantic love stories full of diversity, different age backgrounds, cultures, and a city that’s told some incredible love stories and started to some great love stories. I am a product of a beautiful love story. So I feel like I wanted to of course share and promote this story. I just saw the preview last week I went to see Queen and Slim another amazing love story but had some crazy twists and turns. I was a little late but I was very aware of when the movie was coming out.  
Issa Rae and LaKeith Stanfield in The Photograph debut February 2020
Now this movie I was hooked right away have you ever looked through photo albums, a box of old family photos that your relatives may have tucked away in their house somewhere. You ask them “Who is this? Where were you?” I have done exactly that I used to ask my parents all of the time about old pictures growing up. Who is that? Where were you? What was life like growing up in the sixties, seventies, eighties…how did you dress, who were your friends?, where did you all hangout at?. So I have always been full of questions a budding journalist probably always wanting to know the truth about the world.
Of course my parents, my family would answer my many questions and would tell me who all of the people are in the photographs, what year, who was who, where they were. It was like being a little family historian. So when I saw the premise of this new film which is produced by Will Packer. I was hooked I love a lot of his films and they sucked me in. I just saw the preview again and was like “Yes, a new love story” gets you all giggly and excited. So with this movie it stars the incredible, beautiful, and multitalented web series creator of “Black Awkward Girl”,  Issa Rae (“ Hard Times”, “Insecure”, “Protect & Serve”, “Killing Lazarus”, “The Hate U Give”,   “Little”, “Hair Love”, she starred in a play “Changers: A Dancer’s Story”, and this spring 2020 “The Lovebirds”) will be playing  a journalist who recently loses her mother and she discovers this beautiful photograph of her mother and a man she doesn’t recognize or know. She’s full of questions and wants to get to the bottom of the story. She goes straight into journalism mode and she wants to dig deeper to find “Who is this man with my mother in the photo? What’s the story here?”. She ends up discovering information and stories about her mother she never knew and sees a different side of her mother she never knew and never was expecting.
I imagine when my future daughter(s) or son(s) discovers all of my thousands of pictures she will be asking tons of questions “Was he your boyfriend? Where were you? Were you in love?” . I will be very willing to answer my babies questions and share all of the memories, stories, and everything in between with them. They deserve to know the truth of course when they get older. So on that note I love this story already.

Here is one fan reaction to Will Packer's upcoming film, "The Photograph" 
She discovers her mother photograph and then she meets someone new comes into her life that character is …..LaKeith Stanfield’s (“Short Term 12”,
Selma”, “Straight Outta Compton”, “Snowden”, “Dope, Miles Ahead, The Incredible Jessica James”, “The Girl in the Spider’s Web”, “Atlanta”,  “Someone Great”, “Random Acts of Flyness”, “Bo Jack Horesman”)
 character he plays Issa Rae’s character, Mae’s love interest. This film also stars the incredible Courtney B. Vance (“The Preacher’s Wife”, “Joyful Noise”, “Terminator Genisys”, “Office Christmas Party”, “The Mummy”, “Isle of Dogs”,”Ben is Back”, “Uncorked”), the film also stars Chelsea Peretti (“Twisted Fortune, “Popstar:Never Stop Never Stopping”, “Game Night”, and coming soon….“Sing 2”, “Spinster”, “Friendsgiving”, and Lil Rel Howery (“The Carmichael Show”, “Get Out”, “Tag”, “Uncle Drew”, “Bird Box”, “Brittany Runs a Marathon”, “Good Boys”, “The Angry Birds Movie 2”, “Bad Trip”, “Free Guy”, “Untitled Fred Hampton Project”, “Deep Water”, and “Fatherhood” coming very soon ).  For more information visit  

http://www.universalpictures.com/thephotograph

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...