Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Celebrity Fragrance Scents spreading in the New Millenium

















Okay my blog readers I'm noticing a pattern and whenever I notice a pattern with anything I usually know it's time to write a new article or story. So for my blog I am ready to give you a story for the fashion portion of my blog magazine with "Life and Times w/Ms.Chloe J the J stands for my middle name of course Jewel. Which is my dad's name he can tell you about fragrances he always wears cologne and of course I love good smelling men and people around me. (Lolz) So in honor of all the fragrances becoming a buzz. I give to you my beloved blog readers "Celebrity Fragrances spreading in the New Millenium"












"Celebrity Fragrances"






I first noticed celebrity fragrances when of course women used to wear White Diamonds by the queen of movie screens and big hits Elizabeth Taylor. But then I noticed it when Jennifer Lopez another well known actress made a mark for herself with "J-Lo" the fragrance it was sweet and delightful. Every one wanted a fragrance by her of course at the time. I used to wear JLO "Live" I loved the name and the smell was incredible. As well as the bottle. Then Britney Spears with "Curious" and "Fantasy".












Now all celebrities need to have a fragrance to market themselves and keep their names on our minds consistently. Let's go with Mariah Carey's fragrances "Luscious Pink", "M", and another version of "M", and "Forever". Then you have Jay-Z's fragrance, "Rocawear 99" and his lovely wife, and my shero Beyonce's fragrance or fragrances "True Star", "Diamonds by Giorgio Armani", and now "Fever". Next is Kim Kardashian's fragrance to debut this February 2010, and my other shero Sarah Jessica Parker with Lovely, SJP NYC, and Covet. Then Usher with "U" and his female and male colognes.






With all this competition a lady or gentlemen can get overwhelmed. It's the truth you wouldn't be able to make a decision on which fragrance or scent is correct for your essence or personality.






I wonder is this what it takes now to become a celebrity all you have to do now is of course record an album, get a clothing line, and then come up with your very own fragrance. If that's the case then let me come out with my own "Charisma" by Chloe.






I wonder who will buy all these fragrances. Who will get them and who will actually wear them. It's something to think about while shopping through the mall, outlets, and department stores. Or even your local street vendors in new york city. "5.00 dollars! celeb fragrances!" Oh boy! so will they come out with bootleg versions of the above fragrances? I hope not but I do believe are we heading for a scentational year with everyones fragrants spreading through our nostrils? I believe so...so let the fragrant smelling begin and buyers beware and choose wisely for your loved ones. Their are choices to make. Floral, Girly, Sexy, Oriental, Sweet, Rich, Light/Heavy, and Powerful. Pick the cologne or perfume to knock your socks off and the one you want to be close to as well. Nothing overpowering though it turns ladies off when men overdo it. Pick wisely and good luck with the shopping my readers!





UPDATE!
I went downtown to Macys to try to see Beyonce actually on the 3rd she was there for the debut of her fragrance, Fever it smells sweet like floral , honey, and sugar. Some say like macaroons it does have a note of that. I did not know that when you are in line to see someone for their fragrance. You have to purchase and have a certain VIP pass to get in. I thought to myself wow my connections actually could have came in handy but its okay. I also tried to see Kim Kardashian make her debut in New York but was unable to due to my current internship for college. College comes first Kim sorry! But I am sure I will have a chance to see Beyonce again and Kim Kardashian. One of "My besties" and I really wanted to see her because we are fans and wanted to take a photo op with her as well. But good luck ladies for your fragrances. Its diva against divas. Well not really I am sure they all have respect for one another. But I will try to get something from them as support.





We shall see I believe. Good luck Celebs with your fragrances. There's a lot of competition out there. =)

2 comments:

ak said...

i hate having so many options..too much to choose from makes me anxious..ive been sticking to the same chanel "chance" perfume forever but lately loving flora by gucci.

xx

The Original Manhattanite said...

I have smelled the Flora by Gucci great perfume. I am glad you left your comment I appreciate it I need more readers like you. Thanks for taking the time out to read it. =)

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...