Thursday, January 14, 2010

Earthquake Crisis in Haiti January 2010


I was shocked it's still kind of bad dream almost when I heard about  Haiti being struck with a earthquake on Tuesday, January  12, 2010. Wow isn't it funny how everything in the second week of January is what defines how our year will be. Like last year took off with Captain Sully landing in the Hudson River in New York City. Now the earth is rocking and rolling and mother's nature decides to make her power felt in Haiti. The way I see it this is perfect not that its good for the people who live there  because it's not at all. What I mean is Haiti will receive recognition. One of the most poverty-stricken countries will receieve the attention they deserve so many poor countries never get the acknowledgement they deserve at all. When I see them on my television screen it hurts and it hits you. One thing I am not appreciating at all is this. I'm a media major and one thing I remember learning is how the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) cannot display any images at all that are graphic. If they are shown they can affect the public. Especially the younger audiences they cannot see that. It will cause them to have nightmares and Little Johnny or Sara will ask questions. Believe me. Now back to Haiti these people need help. Immensely they need all the support they can get right now. So of course there will be a tele-a-thon just like the 2005 Katrina victims need and people still need. The Haitian survivors need health care, clothes, psychological, emotional, physical support and love. This is about being selfless and showing love. Showing love of human beings. I hope people will be generous I will do whatever I can. 
Now just now I see that some of the biggest bank corporations do not want to be really generous. I just received word from my mama (lol) they have received 10 million dollar bonuses like Chase (my bank!), The Walt Disney Company! no! as much money as they earn from movies, commercials, merchandise, carnival cruises, and their amusement parks they are not being generous at all. They're being frugal I mean jesus! it's a recession but come on they need help! I can't believe this it makes me angry when I see these poor people can't get the treatment they deserve. A poor country filled with young people had a natural disaster happen to them. They could not control it and they need all of the support they can get. So to all these people in Haiti the souls who have joined with God. The survivors we will pray for you. I hope that everyone from the poor to rich, low-class to upper class, man or woman, and child will all help. I hope all the celebrities will do what they can. They need it. I will try and I'm sure everyone will figure it out. God bless them and I will be praying for you all. There's a lot to be done. I know President Barack Obama will be doing his best with his time in the white house and his administration.


No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...