Monday, October 20, 2014

Life of a Bridesmaid Series with Honey Brown Sugar: The first Bridesmaid dress fitting

The Bridal Party: left to right: Chloe, Marcelina, the bride, Marisa orange top (center), Daniela her sister, Tatiana, and Diana Marisa's cousin



 l






I met up with one of my dear friends for her dress fitting everything went excellent! We had great success of course. I woke up very early and I took the bus from Port Authority and made the bus just in time to be taken away down to Rossmoor which is a section right by Monroe Township, NJ.  She picked me up and of course she looked beautiful as always. We all met up together the other three bridesmaids, and maid of honor.  It was great we had lunch, we talked, and caught up on all of the ideas and the plans for her big day as well as another of our friends big day too. We played a wedding game I created as well.  The dress fitting went pretty smoothly, when we all drove over to David’s Bridal that’s when it really hit me that yes this is really happening, yes we will all be bridesmaids, and yes I will get to see my friend in a wedding gown again. Ok that last part didn’t happen, I think she wants it to be a surprise  which is perfect, we all don’t want anyone to see the dress anyway until the afternoon of her wedding. I believe you should delay and wait until the actual day of the wedding anyway. I convinced her about the flower girls. And ring bearer. See the flower girl is like the opening act of a concert. Everyone wants to see the main event but you need to see the opening acts before we get there first. So I believe she is warming up to it. We all can go flower girl shopping and I think it’s adorable.   Yes she just told me last night its official they have been added to the wedding party. Dresses for little girls are pretty reasonable they cost less for the junior bridesmaids, bridesmaids, and even the mother of the bride at times.
            So some tips I should suggest for all of you future brides to make your day go super smoothly, remember this is a business, this is not just pleasure, but business, schedule your appointment for your fitting properly so everyone in your bridal party’s schedule is not affected. Luckily all of us are able to work around our schedules and we usually have been choosing Sundays which even though it is the Lord’s day lol (God understands I am sure). It seems to work out really well too.  So choose a day that will be able to help everyone. Choose people in your bridal party who know you well, you are close with and who you love spending time with as well in all situations. You want your process to be smooth, to go really well, and you want to enjoy it too. The next step remember YOU ARE THE BRIDE…..THIS IS YOUR DAY…THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT. You must remember that because this is what you have been dreaming, hoping, praying, wishing, and wanting since you probably attended your first wedding or played as a little girl I am sure.  The next step know what colors you want, what works for everyone in your bridal party as well. Also be sure you keep in mind the day, the weather, the timing, being comfortable too. All of these things consider because this is what’s going to work for you and your bridal and groomsmen party.  I say go all out especially if you can afford it, have fun, have entertainment, have music, have dancing, get the people loose, especially if everyone knows each other, you just want it to be fun and exciting too. This is about the couple’s union, their relationship, their lives joining together, and that’s the best thing to celebrate for the wedding.  We are scheduled for another bridesmaid fitting which we will have shortly. This is it and the final one for now until the big day when we wear our dresses officially for the first time. Now stay tuned for my next story on how to choose your venue, planning a bridal party, planning a bachelorette party, the cake tasting, choosing the music. I will be getting filled in obviously from the bride, Marisa herself along the way. One website I highly recommend for brides and the bridal party in the future definitely use http://www.theknot.com that will help you a lot with the countdown, planning ideas, and getting inspiration for your big day.  Now here's one wedding song I believe will be a lot of fun I think you all will enjoy to help us all get into the spirit of things as #TEAMBRIDE: the bridesmaids and myself, the maid of honor, and the lovely bride and #TEAMGROOM celebrate as we get closer to the day.  Enjoy the music below party people just getting into the groove of celebrating believe me it's keeping my spirits up a lot these days. So I will have more for you very soon. 



No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...