Monday, October 6, 2014

"The New It Girls of 2014 in Pop & R&B"


 Hello my HBS readers I miss you all believe me I try so hard to make sure I get a chance to talk to you all believe me. I have been busy of course as usual right....Something for me to talk to you about.  A lot going on so much but believe me but I want to focus on one thing I really want to talk about. The music has been incredible this year and I really wanted to get this off my chest definitely because as you know I do this strictly for all of you the (85,000 plus of you) and the people rockin' with me since 2008 lol. =) 

This year has been an incredible year for new music, new movies, and entertainment. It’s a great time in the entertainment industry and many ideas have come up that are inspiring and changing the way we view people and think as well. The ladies have stepped up for sure and are making their voices heard in the music industry showcasing their opinions, talents, and making it known that not only can I entertain you, make you laugh, and have fun. They can make you also think and manage to give women an inspirational message too.  The new it girls of 2014 that I have seen and heard who I believe will make a great impact on women. “Iggy Azalea”, Meghan Trainor, new R&B starlet and singer, Tinashe, and the new pop/dance princess, Ariana Grande. These 1990s born four ladies have had their music playing on the radio all over in heavy rotation. I believe these four have the ability to make some noise and definitely make an impact now.  I chose these four women I wanted to discuss them because they are all incredible and making a way for all women to have their voices heard and also have found a way to make people notice and take a stand as well.They are reminded us all that the music industry is of course evolving changing and they are making a way to really become great artists leaving a mark behind, entertaining, and making people become entertained as well in this music industry. 

"She be that I-G-G-Y" IGGY AZALEA

First artist is Iggy Azalea her real name Amethyst Amelia Kelly born on June 7, 1990 in Sydney, Australia but was raised and grew up in Mullumbimby, South Wales.  She did form a group when she was about fourteen years old and she wanted to be a rapper and form a group like the nineteen-nineties hit group the incredible, T.L.C.. She compares herself to artists like Lisa "Left-Eye" Lopes. Iggy definitely could go against some of the legendary rap artists of the 1980s, the 1990s, and the current artists. She has an impeccable gift, she raps with a syncopated, fast paced rhythm similar to a high speed car in a police chase. She has a way of really moving you, and she has soul in her voice as well. You would never know she was born as an Australian. You would believe she was actually an African American woman. That's what I thought she was but she raps with this southern accent which comes from Miami and her time being there. It's incredible how she has broke into this business shocking us with her talent. The 5 foot 10 leggy beauty is not just a hip hop recording artist she is also a model and did some modeling in the past as well. 

As we know she made her debut with a song called "P**sy" I am keeping it clean for you all. Then the next hit songs that have been on the radio have been "Work", "Bounce", "Change your life", and of course the number one hit song that was featured on the Billboard Pop Charts and Contemporary charts is none other than "Fancy" featuring Charli XCX. It debuted on the Billboard 100 charts on May 28, 2014. The song instantly became my favorite song how can you not love it. It's catchy I even had my parents singing the song in the car. So its incredible and not shocking to hear that she has debuted at number one. This song played on Pandora radio, played in heavy rotation on iradio.com, on the radio stations here in New York City, I even heard the ice cream truck drivers blaring the song on the radio during the summertime. The video was shot perfectly with a mock interpretation of the movie "Clueless" (1995) starring Alicia Silverstone and Stacey Dash. She even received many shout outs the video was perfect and genius. I have it here for you as well. The songs and her videos are bright colorful, definitely has a positive message, she has a way of drawing you in as well. I think she will have more hits coming in the near future. 
    
Visit http://www/iggyazalea.com for more information on I-G-G-Y




She's all about the curves and that bass,  MEGHAN TRAINOR 
Meghan Trainor the blue-gray eyed beauty with the curves. She was born on December 22, 1993 in Nantucket, Massachusetts. She is a songwriter and singer she has an incredible gift and really has found a way to make women to embrace to their curves and size. She's teaching young women about self-image and how to love themselves outside and inside as well with this powerful song. Now we know men like something to hold on too which she matter-of-factly mentions in the song lyrics. It makes her realize that we all needed to really here a song like this right away. I love the message because if I had a little sister, when I have a daughter of my own, or even a granddaughter if I am fortunate. I would want her to know that you have to accept, embrace, love, and use everything that you're given with completely. Sometimes things can be used to your advantage as well. Meghan's song has done so well on the Billboard charts she got a number one hit on the 100 charts, and she also earned a gold record recently when Ellen Degeneres discovered her and found her as well. She wrote the song and it became a major hit.  L.A. Reid is the one who discovered her as well and we know he knows talent. He discovered Pink, Usher, and of course TLC. Meghan is the real deal please keep coming out with the hits definitely cannot wait to hear more from her. 

Visit http://www.meghan-trainor.com for more information on concerts, touring, and more.



"The triple threat" ARIANA GRANDE  

How could something so powerful come out of this pint sized diva. Ariana Grande Butera was born on June 26,1993 from Boca Raton, Florida. She appeared on Broadway in a play called "13", she has appeared on Nickelodeon as well. She also has had a number one hit since 2013 called "The Way". She keeps belting out hit after hit and has done incredibly well in the last year. She won the Breakout artist award last year for the People's Choice Award, she also has a four octave range. Ariana teamed up with two other divas recently with Jessie J and Nicki Minaj for a song. She has this incredible voice that is often compared to Mariah Carey she can even be in the same range I believe with Celine Dion if she really plays her cards right.  She has an incredible voice that if trained and continues to build her instrument she will go on to probably make hits for the next decades to come.  Oh did I mention "Problem" featuring Iggy Azalea has also been on the Billboard charts. Expect so much more from this young lady. She is going on tour on October 24, 2014 and goes into the end of March of 2014. Visit http://www.arianagrande.com    






"The Next All Out Entertainer TINASHE 




Tinashe Jorgensen Kachingwe Tinashe means "God is with us" incredible name born on February 6, 1993 in Lexington, Kentucky has graced us with her talents is an all out entertainer she is a performer, entertainer, singer-songwriter, actress, record producer. Tinashe's song "2 On" has debuted at #24 on the Billboard charts, but trust me she is getting so much love the R&B, pop, dance, and hip hop radio stations her song is playing on heavy rotation on the radio. She has appeared on Two and half men and has often been compared to Mya, The Weeknd, and Aaliyah as well. Great comparisons Tinashe I hope to see more from her in the future. Now listen to "2 On" tell me what you think of this upcoming star does she have what it takes. I think so her album debuts tomorrow October 7, 2014 Aquarius hits stores tomorrow. I hope the fans will be downloading, buying, and purchasing of course most of all listening.  

Visit http://www.tinashenow.com for more information. 





No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...