Friday, June 12, 2015

“Summer is about to heat up even more with these two…Boris and Nicole”


I love these two actors they were on one of my favorite television shows on the Showtime Network series from 2000-2004 they starred together on “Soul Food” the television series as mail courier, sports management agent, Chicago educator, “Damon Carter” and she played an attorney, partner of the fictional “Moore & Freeman” “Teri Joseph” their roles on the show were incredible and really did a lot for young African American males and women. I love how the show portrayed African American families in a positive light and gave them a chance to show more people in a positive light.
  I am talking about none other than Boris Kodjoe and Nicole Ari Parker-Kodjoe. I love their love story as a couple, you cannot deny their physical and emotional connection on camera. Their love’s story theme: Sometimes you never know where you’re going to meet “that person”. You never know when you will meet person who will be the one to change and add to your life. It can be at work, in a store, down the street, you never know. Now These two met on the set of “Soul Food” in 2000 and have been together in real life since 2004 and married in May of 2005. They have two beautiful children, Sophie Tei-Naaki Lee Kodjoe who is 10 and Nicholas Neruda Kodjoe who will be 9 later on this year.  I love their story because it’s something beautiful about the fact they met on set working, you wanted them to be together in real life. They fought for each other on the television show, “Soul Food”, and its beautiful to see their love displayed in real life. Both of their careers have soared and they have done numerous projects for Nicole, ”Brown Sugar”, “Roscoe Jenkin’s Family, “The Deep End”, she appeared on “Real Husbands of Hollywood”. Currently, Nicole is starring on the television show, “Murder in the First” as Jacqueline Perez since the fall of 2014. Boris on the other hand since “Soul Food” star has surpassed the stratosphere as well he is currently on BET’s “Real Husbands of Hollywood” with Nelly, Kevin Hart, J Smoove, Nick Cannon, which has been a hilarious hit, he was also recently appeared in the film, Zane’s “Addicted” (2014) along with Sharon Leal.  He will also appear this Fall on “The Last Man on Earth“ The movie was a big hit at the box office for those who read the book as well. So now that these two have conquered and soared in entertainment, modeling industries, television, and philanthropy as well
They have a charity dedicated to their daughter, Sophie who was born was spina bifida which is a spinal defect at birth, called Sophie’s Voice Foundation, which is a charity and website dealing with the topic of infants, children, and families who have been touched and discuss the topic of spina bifida.  She’s doing great now after treatment and medical support now. 
Now on July 6, 2015 The Kodjoes will now host their first talk show together as a couple on FOX Network . I am excited for them because I can only imagine what they will discuss and talk about as well. I wonder will it be romantic, love advice are they going to teach the audience and viewers how to establish a genuine connection between couples, will they discuss current events, their own personal lives, and experiences. Or will they have on different guests displaying their talents and promoting projects. I am very excited to see what they have in mind for their show because as I said everyone knows when these two are together you can spot their chemistry a mile away. Now let me just say Nicole is one of the most beautiful women I have seen her in person, I was doing a press junket for Black Enterprise Magazine back in 2012 I was working then as a production assistant there was a broadway show press junket at the Signature Theater for, the new version of Tennessee Williams, “Cat on a hot tin roof” with Blair Underwood. Nicole was starring as “Blanche” and she was absolutely beautiful in person with a silver dress, and a high bun. I wish I took more photos that was one of my favorite highlights in my job opportunity as a production assistant.
So for these two I wish you both the best, I always had a crush on Boris but to see him with this beauty I am very happy for these two. I cannot wait to see your show. It kind of reminds me of this movie I watched a couple of months ago called “Where’s the Love” starring Lamarr Rucker and Denise Boutte. The movie was about a couple who had a talk show and were giving love advice in their relationships. So I would love to see if this will be the same concept. Always loved the idea of a man and woman doing a television series giving advice to couples of all ages and backgrounds. It’s a dream come true to see that displayed. For more information on their talk show, visit http://www.fox.com for more information on the show and check your local listings. You can also find out more information on Sophie’s Voice Foundation visit http://www.sophiesvoicefoundation.org .

Some cute photos of the couple so you know these  two mean business when giving advice on relationships.



Nicole Ari Parker-Kodjoe & Boris Kodjoe with their children, Nicolas & Sophie 
 

The movie I was talking about "Where's the Love" it's a cute film, watch it when you are just relaxing one of these days. The characters story reminds me a lot of Boris and Nicole that's why I think their talk show idea and concept is brilliant! People need it. The movie stars Lamman Rucker & Denise Boutte. 




No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...