Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Sanaa Lathan as the original "Flyy Girl" coming to theaters soon



Flyy girl the original first book (1993)
 

Sanaa Lathan will star as Tracy Ellison Grant in the film

I am so excited for this movie to be coming out very soon. I used to read this book probably way too much actually in high school. I think I discovered “Flyy Girl” by Omar Tyree when I was 16 years old a great age right. I remember because I was attending Cathedral High school at the time which is an all -girl Catholic school. I remember the girls used to pass back and forth all kinds of crazy urban drama love stories and different books. Some books we probably shouldn’t have been reading at that age too. I remember seeing the book and becoming so interested in it. My paternal grandmother, Carlene (God rest her soul) was the one who bought it for me in Jacksonville. I remember her taking me to Barnes and Noble book store both of us getting a ride from one of her friends. She didn’t drive actually and we went then she bought me the book. I remember her on the phone telling her friends “No, she’s a good girl she likes to read”. Oh my dear grandmother if you only knew what I was reading back then. I was too young but it really wasn’t that bad I promise. 





 I remember just enjoying myself down there that summer of 2002 reading the book. Now the series will officially become a film being produced by Lionsgate. I remember never putting the book down I became in love with the character of Tracy Louise Ellison I know her full name.  Tracy she was born on September 6, 1970 in Germantown, Pennsylvania.   She was raised in a two parent home with a younger brother. I know about her life and how she was this aggressive, feisty, sassy, stylish teenager growing up in the 1980s way too fast actually and learning about her neighborhood, boys, the people around her, her community, and everything at a young age. The book is a coming of age story and takes you from when Tracy is 6 years old all the way until she is 18 years old entering college. You will discover her street smarts, how she rose to her success, her journey as a girl and young woman, her friendships, her relationships, and how she discovers everything around her to become the true original well kept “Flyy Girl” she evolves to be in the book. I read the book so much I wanted to become just like her too. She and I have a lot of things in common we both are writers, both aspire to be movie stars, we loved the arts, fashion, and so much more too. I am so glad that he followed up with not only one but two books and took the time to write a full length series going all the way up until Tracy’s adulthood life. We discover her rise to fame, her television and film production dreams, her grown up relationships, how she takes a journey to Los Angeles, California to live and how she rises to her fame. She goes from becoming “Philadelphia Home girl”, Tracy Ellison to the movie star “Tracy Ellison Grant”. Tyree wrote the following two other books that go along with his series, “Flyy Girl” (1993), “For the love of money” (2000), and “Boss Lady” (2005).

The movie will star one of my favorite actresses, the beautiful, multitalented, Sanaa Lathan as the adult Tracy Ellison. I am sure you have seen Sanaa in a ton of films, she has starred in “The Best Man”(1999), “Best Man Holiday”(2013), “Love & Basketball”(2000), “Alien vs Predator”(200, most recently, “The Perfect Guy” (2015), and will star in 3 films this upcoming year in “The Best Man Wedding” the third installment of the film in the spring of 2016. I know this film will be really good because there is too much hilarious moments in these books to capture and bring to life on screen. There will be nostalgia as well especially for those who grew up in the 1970s and 1980s. There will be a new generation of fans for millennials who will love to come and enjoy the book. There will be a ton of young ladies who will also want to be like her as well.

For more information on the film and project visit http://www.omartyree.com and http://www.lionsgate.com . So keep your eyes open I believe it will be out some time within the year or so. I know he’s going to have some pretty amazing people on this soundtrack. You have to much to choose from now and believe me I think “Tracy” would want it to be big right? Go big or go home so we will see what happens. A very special shout out to the writer, Omar Tyree, the producers, and future cast. I wish I could be a part of the film in some way. I would try to make it exactly what the writers would want it to be and envision as well. It should be a lot of fun and I can only imagine what the costumes will be like as well.

 I kind of wonder if Tracy was real right what kind of music would she listen to actually. I think she would fit right into this generation probably would have an amazing decked out social media page and accounts galore I am sure. So in honor of one of my favorite literary characters I have to include just a few music selections for her that I would choose for her if she were a real person.
The whole series together "Flyy Girl" (1993), "For the love of money" (2000), and "Boss Lady" (2005)
 

So I chose a few choices to describe the character herself and you can have an idea.


 
 
I hope you enjoy it I will probably add a lot more but here's just a couple I think would be cool for the "Flyy girl" soundtrack.

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...