Thursday, April 12, 2018

The Road to Graduate School….





 
Love this picture because it reminds me of  just chillin' at home keeping my head buried in books lol ☺

I decided after I graduated in June of 2010 from Hunter College I always thought about getting my graduate degree but the timing was really not right back then because I needed to work and plus life was getting in the way as well. The economy was different too eight years ago so for me jumping right back in the academic school world I am glad I took time off during that period to just travel, work different jobs, odd jobs, blogging, writing, live see the world, meet new people.

So for eight years out of college it was a long journey but it’s not that hard though we are constantly learning always. The thing that probably changed the most for me was stepping from the workforce and corporate world back into school. It’s a long process and it takes a lot to get there. So for now the one thing that is toughest part is probably studying for the GRE Exam. I have taken many exams over the years but this means a lot to me because it will change your life and this decides if you can handle graduate college work. I started preparing in October there were a few distractions, but I am getting better at preparing though.

College life in the earlier years (2004-2010) was a challenge for me but because I was studying what I love and what I am passionate about it made it easy, I was proud and honored to learn more and take it seriously. Some of my classes I would love to take now because I have had so much exposure and opportunities I would probably feel more confident now. I have done 4 internships and I already told you all about my career experience too. For me I really had to learn about time management, balancing work, going to class, and making sure all of my homework, projects, studying, and building relationships would help too. See when you’re studying for your bachelors you are learning about what it will take to survive in the workforce: time management, arriving to work on time, handling yourself in an office environment, and learning the skills you will need to make it on your own. Now graduate school is different you are learning how to apply everything all together, networking, building relationships, and to perfect your craft too. For me I had to learn how to network, I can say networking for me I hope I will get better, because now that I have more skills it will help me in the future. I am excited though for this next chapter it’s only two years but this makes me really excited because it will change my life.

This is my last time to really enjoy myself in graduate school and college before I take on the next chapter which will be….wife to my future husband, mother to my future children, maybe published writer, business woman/owner, my role as daughter, family member, friend everything will be expanded and I will be able to say I am graduate with my masters degree, I own a home/rent an apartment in my own name, I have a car that’s my own, I am paying my own insurance (Don’t look at these things like burden or financial burdens these are privileges that can change your life). These are privileges that can take you a long way in your life too. I am looking at the future with a bigger vision and I realize remember at the end of the day it's for the next generation. 

I am excited for the journey ahead and no matter what happens God and I we both know what is best for me and what would make me feel fulfilled, bring me closer to my dreams, and my goals too. I will keep you all updated on the road ahead and I hope that many of you do not give up, don’t allow anyone to stop you from making this achievement happen, and most of all remember you have one life, enjoy it, and make it the best ever for yourself. I have been applying to schools, getting prepared, and whatever happens I am excited to see where I will end up next. 



No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...