Saturday, November 3, 2018

Be aware, be alert, and know who your driver is-Car app traveling



One thing I love about this platform of writing I get to cover a wide range of topics for everyone  of all ages and backgrounds.  I love to cover more serious topics on my blog that are helpful, insightful, and full of advice. It's simply to make us all more educated, smarter, wiser, and better at our safety.  This topic is something I know many of you can identify with in our current society. So my dear readers I wanted to discuss the topic of car apps and traveling when you are alone. 
I have heard the several stories in the news and on some popular talk shows talking about how many women and men are being taken advantage of  and are being hurt. We are supposed to travel as human beings we have this ability to leave, vacate, learn, use our senses to explore, and go out to learn more about the world. Whenever I hear a story or something that makes me light up I know it’s time to write. It’s time to get out there and spread the word that women and men both need to be their most aware and alert selves. We  are already in America and we are still  on high alert, we have so much to deal with from day to day to different public displays of hate, people trying to compromise our freedom, enjoyment, and having fun. Now we have to be even more conscientious and organized with our travel abilities within our communities, our country, and outside of the country too. We all want to come back home in one piece unscathed and untouched physically, emotionally, or spiritually. The point of traveling is about escaping your day- to- day reality and life. It’s a shame that now we have to prepare ourselves even more for malicious activity. I heard the story about young woman who was harassed while she was asleep and almost ended up Boston, MA instead of her actual destination which was right in New York City.
The Uber driver intentionally changed the Uber app and headed into a different direction just to confuse his passenger, make her disoriented, and to maliciously attack and violate her personal space. Next was a story about a young woman who made an honest mistake when in Las Vegas, Nevada thought she was heading home when she was kidnapped and taken to a dark secluded open parking lot and location. She was smart, she started recording using the Snapchat app on her cell phone intentionally so her viewers knew where she was and she could have the video ready for the police. The point of all of these stories is it’s unfortunate that we cannot trust Smartphone apps at all. It makes perfect sense because an app can give you information but the physical person is not there with you. They are not on the phone communicating with you for example saying “Yes Helen Smith we are going to 340 Park Road Place and will drop you off in front of your house and that will be $50 dollars for the one way trip”. That’s how Uber, Rideshare, and Lyft need to conduct business. Driving is supposed to be a task where you are focused on the road anyway why are you thinking of harassing your customers who are paying you for your livelihood and to earn income to survive? I don’t quite get that at all why would you harm and maliciously attack an innocent woman who’s just trying to get home to her roommates, her boyfriend/girlfriend, her dorm room, her parents, her children, her husband/wife. It really doesn’t make any sense why these drivers have become so disturbed, malicious, and full of disrespect towards women.
            I heard the story and immediately thought “ I think the universe and God is speaking to me with this story”. The young lady who was kidnapped was by herself and I could relate to traveling alone i  out when we were partying or me by myself. I could never fathom or even imagine the guilt and anger I would feel if my friend left an event and ended up by herself in a strange position late at night at 2 or 3 in the morning.


n different parts of the country and around the world. I have learned over the years now don’t take an Uber by yourself take it with a group of people or someone you know. Also it’s better to find a local car service, a car service that your hotel can recommend to you, or better yet ask a friend or relative to meet or drive you too. I wanted to be in that car with the girl where I could scream, kick, and punch him too. She was badly injured and is currently wearing a leg brace after fracturing her leg and ankle. She was dragged she required immediate assistance and stitches at the hospital within her scalp from scrapes, cuts, and bruises. I just kept picturing a group of my friends and I
You’re in a strange city, you don’t know where you are, and you’re with a person who you clearly cannot trust. I hope that people will take better precautions. Know everyone who you are traveling, do your research, your homework, get to know the concierge, find out who lives in a town you are staying it if you know an old friend, relative, or family member look out for you. Get familiar with your surroundings know where the nearest police station or attract areas with high police patrolling. Which means a tourist spot the more tourists around you and police around you the better you will feel. Do not get into a car by yourself without someone knowing where you’re going, what time you left, and where you are going next. Tips I heard were pretend calling, alert anyone you can, and most of all don’t ever put yourself in a situation you do not deserve to be in or should not be in at all. It’s not worth it late at night if you don’t feel comfortable, leave immediately, and reschedule. Or just bring a friend along right away. I can’t tell you how grateful I am that the times I have traveled by myself people knew where I was….they knew the address, hotel room, I asked hotel concierge for taxis, and people thankfully lived within the state. So I am very fortunate I never had to worry. I say this with best of intentions for all of the young ladies and gentlemen who travel on their own every single day unsupervised. Be cautious, be prepared, protect yourself, give someone you trust where you’re going, and don’t travel alone late at night in an app related car service especially young females in your teens and twenties please always be aware of your surroundings, areas, and its good to reach out to people who know you too in your community .It never hurts to let someone know where you are. 

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...