Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Childhood and Growing Up in the 1990s











I am feeling a little nostalgic right now. Very nostalgic...I miss when I was a little girl actually. I really do realize how much of being a kid I miss. I have been around a lot of children lately and I was just reminiscing on how it used to be. It went by very quickly. I remember bits of pieces of my childhood happy memories and some that taught me the biggest lessons of my life so far.





TWO OF THE DOLLS MY MOTHER GAVE ME AS A CHILD FOR CHRISTMAS =)>I can truly say I had the best parents when i was a little girl. They treated me like a princess when I look back I remember nothing but really but just love. I was the Toys R Us kid. I definitely probably stayed in Toys R Us a lot back then. Even if I might have been upset or pissed off for anything. Or even if they disciplined me as well.... My parents were there for me every step of the way in one form of fashion. I came from two individuals who were very much in love and met in college. They had me nine years after their union came together. When they met their union defined the rest of their lives and the way things would be for the next generation which is me. Well things changed for me a lot actually. My parents separated when I was seven years old and divorced two years later. Throughout the years I did see my father and I lived with my mother and my life with her of course defined how everything would be from childhood to adolescence to adulthood.








Now I can look back my childhood in the 1990s was fun a lot of great experiences. I grew up during a time where racism, relationships,violence, the war, and everything would affect the generation at that time. I grew up during the time of George Bush the first. Not "Dub-Ya" lol his son, George W.Bush but the first. You know when Ross Perot and everyone was running  presidential office. I used to watch a lot of Nickelodeon on television. I went from being a Nickelodeon feen to an MTV addict lol. I watched "Rocko's Modern Life", "Rugrats", "Wild & Crazy Kids", "Clarissa explains it all", "Barney", of course Sesame Street, "Doug", "Double Dare", and all of the shows in the 1990s featured on Nickelodeon. I even watched "All That" and "Martin". Yes at a young age I watched "Martin", and "In Living Color". I watched a lot of programs that now as young adult I can understand them far better than as could as a child.








Growing up in the 1990s was a great time a lot of things happened that would define our generation and how things would be from there on for the next 20 years or so.








During my childhood I played with barbies, of course and I wanted a bright pink Barbie jeep. I loved "Beauty & the Beast", and all of the disney characters. I played a lot of Board games and one game I played was Jumanji. One of my favorite movies was "Harriet the Spy" and "Matilda". My stepsister and I would act like Harriet and spy on people LMAO!!!!. I went to my very first sleepover when I was about seven. My mother allowed me to have sleepovers too when I got older too. I had a ninth birthday party at Discovery Zone. I had a lot of parties up until now at age 23. So my childhood in the 1990s was fun. I can't describe anything else better i went to concerts at an early age. I was surrounded around music. I met my first celebrity when I was about 10 years old. I went to summer camp, I was a girl scout for "The Cadets", I went on my first plane trip at age seven to visit my great-grandmother and I began to travel on planes independently on, trains, and more. I had a sweet sixteen birthday party. That's before all the Sweet 16s on MTV became really large and successful. I spent my childhood in my mother's hometown St.Louis and I would visit my grandmother while she lived in Brooklyn. My grandmothers now who i adore I still visit whenever I have the chance now. I am very happy to say thank you to my parents. I love you guys. I am glad to have had been a child of the 1990s. So I can truly say my childhood was blessed. No matter what good times or bad I had a great childhood and teenhood.



I dedicate this blog post to my parents and a very special man who has been there for me as well. I love you guys so much. I guess because my graduation is coming up this year. I am just glad I had a chance to write this. Thanks for everything. I love you guys so much. =)

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...