Tuesday, March 2, 2010

ESCARGOT OR FILET O FISH? You choose




When it comes to food I am a true "foodie" like my girl, talk show host, Wendy Williams says. I love food and I enjoy cooking and eating. My family and friends will tell you the truth. So while we are in our recession period right now and pretty soon of course we will be moving along in the economy will be up in running again. Let me ask a question to you all my dear blog readers.




Would you rather sacrifice pinching pennies for a healthy meal let's say that is $25.00 it comes with grilled shrimp, linguini, a salad, and a dessert with mixed berries in a vanilla cream sauce.




Or would you rather a 5 ounce cheeseburger, french fries, a chocolate milkshake, or pepsi that costs $5.00 dollars. It really depends on you my friends. But I know I would eat both personally. But my point is why does it cost so much money to eat healthy fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, whole wheat, milk without hormones, or milk with hormones. Why do you have to pay 6.00 dollars at the grocery store for soy milk!?! I am not understanding this at all. I just want to know why do we have to sacrifice our bodies: our heart, our brains, our blood vessels, our bones, everything that makes us vital, alive, and human beings. Then also our paychecks.


I can cover so much in this story believe me from obesity, lack of healthy food in education, gym class, the works believe me. Even how the FDA tries things too. Don't mess with me. I know that we live in a society where we all have to earn a profit. I want to earn one too. But does that really mean I have to choose cheap food that may cost my health in the long ?




That does not make any sense at all...why should I sacrifice my body because you are charging for a $3.00 dollars for a cheap meal. What about a delicious meal that can not hurt your wallet at the same time. I don't understand that? It does not really take a genius to come up with a menu that will give everyone the benefit of what they truly desire and want. One you want to satisfy your craving for being hungry. Two you want to spend money on food. Three you don't want to hurt your pockets because you still want to save for the future for other things you want to do in your life.


How can you do it all? without sacrificing your health?, Sacrificing your money and financial status. What are you really doing to yourself? To me I believe the government should come up with a plan that will enforce a way for our children, teens, adults to eat food in restaurants, at home, and purchase food at the grocery that will not only help us to have nutrition. It will also provide your child with a healthy meal, fulfilling activities for your child and you can still have the time to give your child everything they need body, mind, spirit, educationally, and academically. A child going to a school to benefit themself should help them in a way where they are allowed to receive everything that will be healthy for them. Teachers giving them the right information, Gym teachers giving them physical education for their classes, The cafeteria giving them food provided by the FDA not some company shipping food over from Wisconsin or somewhere. The government and FDA need to team up because all of these restaurants and our own lives will be at stake if you can only afford a three dollar meal that will give you heartburn, diabetes, cancer, or any other unhealthy disease. There has to be a way believe me. What can you really do? I guess maybe Obama, Michelle, or someone in congress or in office can come up with a way to give us all everything we need in the future. That should be another thing on his agenda that would provide his own family with a benefit. How do we make our country and world healthy at a limited cost without truly hurting them. So ladies and gentlemen you tell me do you want the Escargot for $40.00, the salad with the fresh vegetables for 10.00, or the burger that is $5.00 that may cause you to have health problems because of all the oil and grease.


So You choose Escargot or Filet -O-Fish?

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...