Tuesday, February 2, 2016

"The King of New York"



He cried when I was born…he stood up for me when I was born, fought security, and always stood up for me if anyone ever questioned, insulted, or had anything to say about me.



He pushed me when I wanted to give up so many times on my first day of school in second grade I cried I didn’t like my new school. He wiped my tears, kissed me, and still continued to push me.

He video taped me cause he made me feel like most special person on Earth. He videotaped all of my childhood events, birthdays, ballet recitals, he saw my college graduation from Hunter I am so proud he had that chance to be there for that.

They say you treat your Earthly father just as you would in heavenly father (God) or whoever you believe in as  well. I try to do both and honor them as much as I can.

He taught me how to ride a bike and forced me to push through never give up.

He cried when I won an award for Washington Opera House in Washington, D.C.

He talks with his big chocolate brown hands, he has a big wide smile. I actually inherited his teeth he always teases me about that. He’s proud I received quite a few of his genes.

He gave me “The Golden Rule” as a kid I wish I still had this but it’s one thing that taught me about treating people with respect, goodness, and being kind to them.

The man who made me feel so special, talented, and gifted is from Brooklyn, NY. He may not be a millionaire but he does have a millionaire’s heart. He would give you anything and everything you ever need. One thing about him always made me love him more was

He’s such a big part of my identity, a part of my soul and my heart. He and I share the same name (my middle name is his name)

I call him the King of New York he can recite to you streets, subways, nightclubs, concerts all in New York. He tells everyone the stories about how and where his children were born right here in New York City and he’s proud to tell you where he came from as well.

To “The King of New York” and the “King of my heart” I can never be or stay mad, disappointed at my father. There is a piece of me that forgives cause he’s such a huge part of me. So I dedicate this to him.

I love you dad so much you know I had to write something about


No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...