Wednesday, February 24, 2016

"I want to belong to him now..."


 

Hello my fabulous, fierce, loyal, and ferocious readers. Who knew that my love life would take such a dramatic change when I decided to take a huge risk and follow my heart right this past fall back in October 2015. For those of you who read the blog you know exactly what I am talking about. How I went across the country to fly and tell an ex I had a feelings for him still. Yet at the very same time that Halloween weekend/my birthday week I met someone new. I was thinking about that night and how I took a huge risk to even put myself out there in that situation. To be that vulnerable, bold, and expose myself like that was nerve racking but I felt great at the same time. Liberated, free, and I kind of just physically and mentally put it all behind me. I was scared believe me but I let strength, courage, and faith keep pushing me to not be afraid. I had a great time honestly I am so happy I actually took that trip. You have no idea I really did need that.

One thing I remember on my first date with him at Cornet Restaurant on Bourbon Street with this person I will call him, “The New Guy”, was him saying to me, “Well I feel like I am winning” after telling him the complete honest truth about why I took my trip to New Orleans, why I was so honest, so bold, and so brave. How I am not sure if this person wants to even be with me.  It took me in a different direction completely. I thought he was so sweet, charming, he’s bluntly honest, and genuine. (I asked him a few nights ago on Valentine’s day…. why did you choose me…he like all men of course went for the visual approach “Cause you looked good” lol!!!!!That can’t be the only reason but he’ll learn that later). He is very genuine though and even the way he held me the first night I danced with him I felt like I belonged to him. I know it sounds funny cause you don’t know a person in 10 minutes but there was just something about this guy that made him seem very special. He took a genuine interest in me, he wanted to pursue me, he asked me out, he wanted my number. He did and made the right moves. So after a few months of talking, texting, flirting, and everything we can see each other again.  We had a great night fun time at a karaoke bar, site seeing at Café du Monde. It was great and we enjoyed it all. It was the best decision I made seriously leaving behind fear and taking a big step. Believe me could have put my life in danger too but because I am 29 years old, I have traveled all over, and my experience I handled it the way I knew best. I had fun, enjoyed myself did the same thing I always do, do something you always wanted to do and make it happen now. Take advantage of the moment and I did. That approach worked and we both benefited from the situation right away.

We saw each other in January and now once again I can see him in the place and state we met each other. It sounds kind of funny and bizarre but who knew I had to step out of my comfort zone, fly 2-3 hours just to find someone from my birthplace and current home state of New York? How did that happen? I didn’t plan this I promise you how could I? I only planned to have a great time with that person (the man I was emphasis on was in love with at that time). Now I can say honestly I feel like I just want to belong to him now.  I don’t want to go back into the past anymore I am done. I closed those chapters and I feel that if someone did want me in that way. He would have done just as my family has stated made even more of an effort to make the trip and make time for me.  So now I feel like Hmm…can life be taking Honey Brown Sugar in a new direction wait and see. Will she remain in the “Big Apple”, or will she end up in the “Big Easy” or possibly the “City of Angels” (Los Angeles, California or the state of California one day) .I kind of promised myself that if nothing else works out the way I want. I want to take another risk and just go out to the west coast. Take a chance and make something really happen now. I would love to bring my family out there too. If God willing everything falls into place. So we will see I am praying, working hard, all I can do is have patience and we will see how everything unfolds.  Stay tuned folks there’s a lot more coming soon in the ever changing busy world of “Honey Brown Sugar”….the story continues. Oh you will see pictures soon I promise...lol!!!!

 





On our first date we actually were sitting on the balcony at Cornet Restaurant and a little ladybug came over between us. I thought it was too cute they symbolize good luck and happiness to wish you well. I take that as a good sign =)

 
 
 
Included two songs one of my favorites "I belong to you" by Lenny Kravitz and "Teach me" by Musiq Soulchild

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...