Friday, September 9, 2016

This movie will teach you about how to be more "Loving" in theaters November 2016



Imagine living in a world where you could not be with the person you love. Imagine not being able to live in the community, state, or neighborhood you love with that person and your family. You could not see them or be with them at all. You're completely separated and segregated and  It’s literally you fighting against the government, fighting against your country, and the judicial system to be with the person you love. This film takes place in the late 1950s where childhood sweethearts an African American young Mildred Jeter and Richard Loving grow up together and later fall in love to become a couple. As they get older they later become a couple and begin cohabitating. According to Virginia state law in 1958 because of  the 400-year miscegenation laws they were not allowed to live together as a married couple. There is something very powerful about this story. We live in a world and country where people now are able to be free to be them selves. Now I know that with all couples everything of course can be a struggle from time to time. Financially, families, backgrounds, many points of views can be different. There’s something kind of crazy about when people cannot be together because of the law. Fortunately for this beautiful couple they used their minds to fight for their love. They went to former president and the late, great, John F. Kennedy and wrote them a letter discussing this issues they faced in their community and neighborhood. The Lovings lived in a mixed community and actually moved their purposely to raise their children and start their family in their community.
There is something amazingly beautiful about living on a planet with 7 continents we come from a world full of people who are diverse, have so many experiences and stories that can change the world. This is one of the stories where love can change a couple and the point of view of the country and world.  I loved the message right away. It’s one thing when you’re in a relationship and there is a major obstacle and challenge for you to fight against as a couple. You come together and find  a way to fight the problem and find a solution. It’s another thing when your whole entire state forbids you to live in the state. Then you are exiled leaving it for 25-years. That’s a pretty heartbreaking thing when not even the love of your life can be in your life and the world becomes against you. I love this story because we are talking about a time that wasn’t far away. 58 years ago…and which really is not that long ago but there’s something powerful about the timing of the story. It should have been addressed a long time ago. Now it’s time for people to explore this issue again. Realize we still can make our world more peaceful, more open-minded, more willing to fight for love, and most of all more Loving.  The film stars Ruth Negga and Joel Edgerton who will play Mildred and Richard Loving. The film will debut this fall in November on November 4, 2016-Friday. For more information on Virginia vs. Loving, more information on the couple, and the film. Visit http://www.focusfeatures.com/loving


Now one more thing I wanted to mention of course with my blog you know I am all about promotion, all about discussing what’s current, and what’s happening. You also know I discuss my life too….here’s one thing you didn’t know about me. I am only telling you this story to make a very fair point with this story…I come from a family of people who are very liberal…one thing I discovered that is apart of my history, my genes, and my story. On my mother, Gina's side-My great-grandfather, Fred Golden, Sr. was Half-Jewish and Half African American his father was Jewish and mother was African American.  I never met him but if I did I would have loved to have asked him what it was like growing up during that time in the 1950's in the twentieth century. Was it hard for him to be around his parents? I would ask him , I would ask about his experiences, and was it easier for him to live in California or was it harder to live in Midwestern, St. Louis, Missouri. I think for us now in this generation of course it’s easier to be with anyone in the 21st century we have had so many protests, so many fights against the legal systems all of the world.  I think our generation we always have to remember sometimes the world is easier because our ancestors went through situations that were harder and more challenging for them too. I hope you all will take someone special to see this film, some of you may see yourselves in this film and the characters, and I hope you all come back from this movie fighting for your love too. Just in time for the holiday seasons begin. Enjoy my dear readers and of course there's always more for me to share with you. I have got a lot to discuss believe and we are not even at the end of 2016 yet stay tuned....
The real Mildred and Richard Loving (circa 1958)




With their three children

The cast of "Loving" (2016) Ruth Negga & Joel Edgerton







No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...