Saturday, January 27, 2018

Please don't stop the music -Celebrate "60th Anniversary of Grammys"

For me so far we are 27 days into the new year and it has already turned out to be pretty incredible so far already a few surprises coming along the way. Unwritten chapters of 2018 being written as we speak. I cannot believe I didn’t think of this a lot earlier but when I was watching a few You Tube videos online with some of my favorite singers doing interviews and working promoting their albums.
I knew I had to write something about the 60th anniversary of the celebration of the Grammy awards. I just had an interview with Universal Music Group this past fall although I may not have been selected or chosen for that particular role. I am so happy that I had an opportunity to walk in there again and to be interviewed again because I love and will probably always love music since I was a kid. I was actually a baby the first time I went to a live concert when I was 10 months old I was a baby attending an R&B concert with my parents. I was there to see “Force MDs” which was pretty incredible they sing the R&B hit, “Tender Love” from the 1980s. My mom also played music when I was in her womb too and sing to me to I heard stories.
I probably really fell in love with music as a toddler I had to be about 3 or 4.  How did I fall in love music at a really early age I just remember it always being around my family, my father and mother especially. My dad was a big “Earth Wind and Fire” fan, “The Miracles”, a lot of hip hop artists, soul and R&B songs too. I think also enrolling into ballet classes a little girl that played  a major part to for me. I was listening to a lot of “Tchaikovsky” and the melodies of his famous well composed and ingenious , “The Nutcracker”. I was about four years old when I first starting ballet lessons and led to me falling in love with music as well as dancing at a young age. So it’s been engrained in me my mother who worked for radio stations as  a sales and promotions account executive for CBS Radio, WBLS, Hot 97, Air America, Pulse 87 radio stations, and Majic 102.3 I think this all led to me loving music too. Attending a lot of concerts and shows had an impact on me too. 




Sam Smith

Kanye West

Aretha Franklin

Duke Ellington

Michael Jackson

Stevie Wonder

Beyonce

Alicia Keys

Adele

Taylor Swift

Eminem


Frank Sinatra giving out the first Grammy award at the second celebration on May 4, 1959 just kind of funny it used to take place in the spring I wonder would they ever switch the dates again. 

I then discovered I loved to sing too and I just became more engrossed and loved music, which led to wanting to study journalism, music, and more. Now with that being said I could not be more excited to celebrate sixty amazing years of music’s biggest and best artists.
From hip hop , rap, country, alternative, pop, jazz, R&B, Latin, jazz, salsa, soul, Tejano, contemporary, oldies, classic, classical music, and even music for musical soundtracks and television themes. Music is essential to our lives and it often becomes the soundtrack for generations and much more. Music and the business of it has evolved bringing different cultures and many different artists together too. Perfection collaboration are Brandy Norwood and Monica recorded “The Boy Is Mine”, which a female version of the song, “The Girl is Mine” was recorded with the king of pop, Michael Jackson and Sir Paul McCartney. Which is an incredible combination. Or for example take Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee, and Justin Bieber’s “Despacito” which had a 4.7 billion page view of it’s videos now in 2018 on You Tube. It goes to show you music is incredible and has a way of changing the business for so many artists opening major doors.
Music can expand with right concoction, mixture, soup of music you add in ingredients of soul, beats, and rhythms which can allow the listener to visualize peaceful, soothing, creative, fun, and beautiful images. When you think of the song “Everything little thing going to be all right” by the late, great, Bob Marley you think of turquoise water, sandy beaches, the ocean, palm trees, and fragrant coconut air which takes you to where Bob Marley is from perhaps too. You escape into the Caribbean drums and the music takes over you right away and you forget about your own reality, problems, and everything else going on around you. Each artists takes a portion of themselves, their experiences, their stories, their souls, hearts, and what makes life worth it every single day. That’s what makes us want to sing, you feel and can relate to their stories within their music.
I believe in 60 years of music especially today when in 1958 and 1959 that era of music was pretty incredible you had artists like Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, Ike and Tina Turner who impacted music and its history. They changed the way music was performed and knew exactly what to expect too. These artists are still captivated by fans globally today who emulate their music and who they are too. It was a perfect time for them because artists have so much to offer to the recording studio during that time. 

The best way to witness a true artist is this put them in an empty blank room, no music, no sound, no color. Next have a dancer, a singer, a painter, and an artist come into the room I guarantee within 2 hours you will see magic happen and they will be creating and making beautiful music to dance , sing, and party to as well. The best way to see that you have witnessed great musicians and artists is they all had a blank of piece of paper and then when they were in the studio incredible music and songs came out of that. You will see beautiful colorful images displayed on the walls, sounds mixed and measured in the right keys, and a dancer moving fluidly around the room.
On that note 60 years of music have been celebrated and it’s pretty incredible that generations of people have expressed feelings of consciousness and awareness of the world in society, power, strength, love, hope, joy, sorrow, pain, worthiness, fulfillment, and every emotion we inhibit and express as human beings. It’s a beautiful gift to have music and unleash it to the world. Make sure you watch tomorrow night!!! Looking forward to this one. 

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...