Tuesday, June 15, 2010

THE NATALEE HOLLOWAY SAGA


Natalee Holloway the story the story of the Alabama teen who went off on a school trip to Aruba and never returned has been around news programs all month long and has become one of the major stories that this decade has been affected by for the past five years by families. 
It is interesting to see how the name of Natalee Holloway contains the word hollow....meaning empty cavity or an open sphere in space. That is exactly how many people feel about Natalee Holloway. 
The story rocked the newsrooms and even homes with everyone was touched by the story of Natalee Holloway when it first appeared across the screen in my own home. I was first struck by the fact that she and I are about the same age. Secondly this story was devastating of course and this was something every person who has ever been affected by these kind of stories can relate to them personally. I thought to myself when I first heard it this could have been me. Especially since the year Natalee Holloway passed away and took her vacation trip to Aruba in 2005. I was about to leave for my trip to Florence, Rome, Pisa, and Lucca to study beginner's Italian when I was 18 years old. I of course discussed this with my beautiful and worrysome mother. So I can go and have the time of my life of course. Which I certainly did. I was with one of my dearest best friends you guys already know, Marisa. So when Natalee's story hit the airwaves I was affected by it because she was kidnapped and she was killed. She was a young woman who was by herself and was completely naive and alone. I almost feel at times that when the story did hit the airwaves it was a wake up call for all young girls to finally get a chance to see that they need to always have someone with them. Especially in the case of going on vacation with friends, family, your school, or any group. The people around you have to be considerate for what you and where you are at all times. The Saga of her life continued to come across the screens all over in news stories. It was as if her story needed to be spread across the community. I believe that is true Natalee's story is one that is for young people. It gives us the knowledge to realize that at times we cannot even trust people around our own age. We cannot trust our peers our guards cannot be easily let down in a situation where there is a person who is solely alone and wondering with a strange individual. Her story is also one of hope too that some day Joran Van der Sloot will finally admit what he has done and that it really is not fair at all. Natalee's story was even portrayed across the small screen as well on Lifetime which was a way to get the attention of people so they could wake up and see how special she really was and what she represented as well. That young women always coming from everywhere around the world need protection around them in foreign countries and even at their own homes. I hope this will raise more attention and awareness to her story. 

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...