Wednesday, February 1, 2012

"Red Tails" and "Joyful Noise"

I am always at the movie theater it seems lol. I am always usually there if I can go to the matinee with my movie buff mother or when I can get passes. I went to see Joyful Noise starring rapper, singer, and now movie star Dana "Queen Latifah" Owens and mega country superstar Dolly Parton my first film of the year and it was a sweet film a little unexpected, a little drama, and funny. I loved the performances and especially to see Ms Keke Palmer blow up as well into the songstress amazing voice and talent. She's incredible and I loved seeinger blossom on screen. She's come such a long way since Akeelah and the  Spelling Bee. I loved seeing that they embraced 21st century pop culture with the music . If you are open to all music and films you'll sit down and watch it for a laugh and the music as well as message too.

Next film of January 2012 I saw last weekend with my mom was "Red Tails" every man will love it if he enjoys action notice I said every man because you have to be really open minded to seeing this film. I loved the cast gorgeous men on screen! LOL to tell you the truth they chose a great cast. I thought the message was phenomenal, it took you back to the 1940s and that time period which I love actually. I thought the movie makes you feel certain things especially as an African American woman my heart was into it. I know its a little late but Terrence Howard, Cuba Gooding Jr, and the rest of the cast deserve Oscars in my opinion. It is just a matter of time. Maybe next year. For now I will say some awards will be given especially to the man who so generously gave and supported this film too.  Go see it now!!!

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...