Thursday, March 19, 2015

“Do you remember the first time someone called you beautiful or handsome?”



We live in a society full of people who are changing themselves literally physically morphing into unrecognizable and different people. Their looks are changing vastly whether with cosmetic surgery, colored contacts, dyed hair, Botox and many other chemicals and hormones changing the way women and men conduct themselves. I don’t disagree with these measures what makes you happy are simply on you and the choices you make to feel like your best self. Yet we have young people every day struggling every single day with themselves, with body issues, with many different physical, personality, societal issues and mental issues trying to find their way in the world to go from their adolescent to young adult selves. Now I am going to ask the adults 18 and over do you remember the very first time someone called you, “ Handsome” or “Beautiful”? I think I was about 10 years old when someone actually said it to me directly and I didn’t digest the compliment that well because I was at the age going through my awkward stage. I was in the “Ugly Duckling/Beautiful Swan” phase back then I was skinny, a bit tall, with glasses, shy, and living with the fact that someone did not think I was attractive to them. Now some boys found me attractive in certain ways, some were did not develop the confidence yet on how to make a little girl feel appreciated or say “Hey, I think you’re cute”. Now, some of them did actually especially when I was going through that stage. However, yes those things were great but at the same time. It was challenging because you're a little girl and you are dealing with some boys who don't feel that way about you. As the saying goes "Kids can be cruel". For me it was definitely one of those powerful lessons where I had to remember not everyone will like you basically. At the same time when you hear someone say negative comments to you. It can scar and affect you. However, when you have people around you who are positive, who believe in you. Or who can help you grow and change. Then you can literally be on your way from going to the caterpillar to the butterfly.  I wonder to myself what’s happening in the world. Have we forgotten that, yes I know we have to be well rounded human beings.


I dedicate this song to my readers for those who need a pick me up "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt


At the same time have we forgotten to accept ourselves. People have to redevelop how to be happy and comfortable with us. There’s something happening in the world where we have forgotten to accept ourselves and to be comfortable with who we are as well. Now I have been fortunate to have parents who truly love me and accept me unconditionally. As long as I take care of myself, have strength, confidence, and do what is necessary they support myself they will continue to believe in me. The both of them will support me even if there are challenges as well. There is something that personally affects a parent when they hear their child doesn’t accept themselves physically, they are judged, or they have something they want to change as well. I believe when it comes to that you have to reinforce to your child, one life goes in stages meaning nothing is permanent.  Two people will judge you, critique you, and thirdly, there is only one unique you.  We all go through changes physically and personally but if you take care of yourself properly not destroy yourself. There will be positive results you know when people accept themselves or when they can be comfortable with whom they are.  They take the higher road to improve themselves, when I say destroy yourself I mean abusing your body, continually going in for cosmetic surgery making changes excessively, for example you have had over 20 procedures done, and you are suffering from Body Dysmorphia issues. I think we simply need to go back and remind ourselves of the person who told us “Wow, you’re beautiful or he’s really handsome”. Keep that in the back of your mind always and continue to blossom into the person you are destined to be. 

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...