Monday, March 23, 2015

“He makes me want to be a better woman”


How can I forget when I first saw him I met him four years ago in the spring of 2011, at my paid internship, Black Enterprise Magazine. He’s tall, has chocolate brown skin, a wide smile, and a personality that is polite, respectful, sweet, he’s educated, but he will still put you in check, and he’s a go getter. I wanted to be a better woman when I fell in love with him. I wanted to become even better when we stopped talking.  He made me realize something’s about him were that I wanted all along. I loved the fact he had a way of making me feel comfortable within my own skin. He never judged me, he even defended me, and yes he had my back at times when I needed it the most. I was new to the company we started working at and he walked over giving me a cup of coffee. I think I knew right then all right I may like this person. He also had the same name as one of my exes. He didn't care either!!!!! I realized that and knew it but it didn’t bother me either. If anything it made me even more interested in him. I was drawn to him because we had similar dreams and interests. We had something in common that really changed my outlook when dating men as well. One thing I want to stress though so no one gets confused...we dated briefly. Are we together now no. I am single. I want to just clarify that one thing...this is about how I feel about him and how I felt when we were together as well.  I have to ask myself why? Why does he make me want to be a better woman. Mainly because he makes me see that I could be better with him. I am not saying I am not better without him. No not all but there’s something about being around a person that makes you want to do better and be more significant. They draw you in and you can see yourself with this person. Let’s say he’s my inspiration a bit to keep going and not giving up on the future. I want to be the best possible woman in his eyes so he can see the growth. You want to be your best self with this person. I wanted to jump for joy, give to the world, and just do so much more as a human being and woman. There’s something about falling in love with a man.  Women who have experienced this know when you meet a man, you begin dating, you become a better version of yourself if he’s a good man. You start pulling out the high heels, the strappy shoes, the more feminine clothes, there’s a glow a woman has when she has on her face. I don’t mean (the post-coitus glow either  You see it in the way she carries herself and how she treats the world around her as well.



Love these three songs cause I can definitely relate to the lyrics of the song when something or someone keeps haunting you. You keep wondering if the signs are trying to tell you. 


 He and I share a common dream, we were both born in New York City. He’s family-oriented, loves having fun he’s a big kid, but he’s been exposed to many things as well, loves to travel. I sometimes have to remind myself why did I fall in love with this person in the beginning? I think we had an instant connection I met him when I was 24 years old and he had just turned 25. I know ladies are very responsive to him and they adore him. Yes I get it I am all right with knowing people are attracted to him. Yet at the same time it can be a major cause for competition. However, I will put it this way if we were together I would have to remind myself it’s all right I cannot be jealous of them appreciating a good and fine looking man. He is and he’s made me extremely proud every single day since I have seen his dreams come true.  He also made me realize the life I wanted, what kind of woman would I be to him, how do I want to open up myself as well. There’s so much that goes into dating someone that truthfully the attraction really is just the easy part. People often forget you are going to meet their parents, their siblings, people who are important to them like their mentors, people they admire, their coworkers, their old and new friends. There’s so much that goes into dating someone you have to be willing and ready for that world as well.  I was fortunate to meet some important people to him during our time getting to know each other. So I never had an issue with it but I know the heart of him, that he’s a great man with dreams just as wide and large as mine.  I hope that one day I can show him my entries that he will see I took his advice and really took the time to become a better writer, journalist, and yes I will become a better woman. I remember he told me "You can't just say I am a journalist...basically meaning you have to become it as well." So for that I definitely thank him for that part. Now what's going to happen next with me and this "mysterious" person. I have no idea that's for God, the universe to decide that part. 

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...