Sunday, January 1, 2012

Need to be in a new place for New Years

The first day of this year started a little rough...I won't lie I wish I could say it was from partying hard and drinking tons of cocktails at a large club with three floors or from dancing all night with unknown men in Manhattan.
It started out rough for me because I realized I didn't have anyone to share this New Year with actually except the television and the millions of people down in Times Square.
Over the holidays I noticed a lot and I kept some things in my heart that I didn't want to release. Lately, I have been trouble with letting my true feelings show cause I have to always be strong and put a brave face on for my friends and family.
Yet this time something kept nagging me I thought about past new years and I have always spent them with a relative or someone close to me.
This time I wanted to share it with New York but some things got a little crazy before that.
I woke up and suddenly started weeping like I had lost my best friend or something. It made me realize that I had to face reality and the fact I am going to have to make some hard choices this year again.
Do I make the sacrifice for my well being and livelihood?

Do I put my dreams on hold again and settle...or what?
I also realized this was the first time I didn't have my girlfriends near me, or anyone for that matter who I can address how I was feeling on the inside.

The last thing I noticed was Handsomeness never asked me to join him, he never asked me to spend time with him. Foolishly I bought a gift cause he means that much to me. Then I realized all the time my instincts were right...they kept telling me don't buy the gift twice...the first time I actually left a the store.
The second time giving into the Christmas spirit I gave in and I bought what he may like anyway.
Now, I have real pain in my heart cause this man who I thought was so special actually made my vision come to life....he made me realize that he is not the one who I want to have a relationship with at all.


I hate it because Handsomeness works with me...yeah I am stuck in a Bridget Jones's Diary movie. Can you believe it? Only this is the black version and with young, twenty-something characters. So now, what do I do...? I am crazy about him and at the same time I loathe him too. To the point I am going to return his gift tomorrow and just move on. Soon enough I will be moving on professionally, personally, spiritually, and I will be in a new place in my life again.
Yet it is hard to do that when you have a lot of people counting on you too.


Well my beloved readers....stay tuned as always there's more to share. Your friend, Honey Brown Sugar

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...