Saturday, March 10, 2012

Dresscodes in your workplace

All right this has been on my mind because everyone deals with this everyday in the workplace. The other day I was at my office and I just so happened yo be wearing jeans and a silk brown shirt. Little did I know that outfit would affect my day at work even though I was there for only 1 hour. I was walking around until a woman stopped me and when she did she said "Miss do you work here?" LYes, I do for a year" I quickly responded and then she told me "Just so you know you're not supposed to wear jeans"....boy was I surprised. I couldn't believe it cause I have waltzed in there several times with jeans and casual wear on...but this day was different. My broadcast team even laughed and giggled at me. What I wasn't aware of was there was a meeting that morning for our magazine about a new dresscode:strictly office attire, professional wear, no jeans at all...during all five days of the week. Which shocked me because some companies are very lenient but no its business attire and its back to  basics again and finding more business clothes. I couldn't believe it. So my response is this...Do you believe employees have a right to casual fridays or should proper attire be worn all the time? You tell me...not everyone is going to eel fabulous about that especially if u love clothes and fashion like me and other females.

No comments:

“Dear Future Wifey” Podcast changing, inspiring love lives and keeping it LIT"

  It is officially springtime in the Northern Hemisphere part of the world the weather is finally getting warmer, humid, and hotter feeling ...